The HR Leader, Vision Japan is responsible for the creation and deployment of the portfolio of HR work within the Vision business in Japan. JJV in Japan is organized in two leadership teams, J&J Vision Care and J&J Surgical Vision. The HR Leader and direct report provides strategic HR leadership to both teams ensuring alignment with Global LTs as well as driving key strategies specific to Japan to drive long term business growth and achieve business objectives. This position drives critical people/talent actions for the Vision business in Japan.
This role reports to the Head of HR, Vision Asia Pacific and has 1 direct report.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensuring business intimacy:
- Create and deploy the HR agenda for the business within a geography, aligned with HR, business, and shared services strategies
- Ensure integration of HR priorities into business plans
- Evaluate appropriate business, financial, or other drivers across groups to inform HR solutions (e.g., assess effectiveness, identify gaps)
- Lead strategic HR work for the sector in a country/cluster in support of business goals, enterprise goals, and sector HR strategies
- Develop trusted partnership/coaching relationship with leaders/teams that enhances their impact
Driving Talent Agenda And Building Organizational Capability:
- Use analytics tools (including WorkforceDNA) to derive insights to inform talent and HR strategies aligned to short term and long term business requirements and to achieve business results
- Creates and oversees the implementation of HR plans and programs related to organizational design, development and change.
- Provides group and one on one coaching with managers and employees on a broad range of human capital issues.
- Creates and facilitates structures and strategies to improve individual and organizational performance and to enable the organization to accomplish its goals.
- Develop/deploy talent strategies in partnership with global, regional and local leadership to grow and advance effective, diverse talent pools and drive meaningful talent planning; build on global and region-sector/business strategies to implement within region
- Leads key HR processes in support of talent agenda: talent review and succession planning, career development and partners with GS HR functional leaders in performance management and talent acquisition
- Educates clients on the appropriate application of relevant compensation philosophy, initiatives, strategies, the alternatives, and potential impact on the business.
- Partner x-group, including across all parts of the HR model, to ensure integrated solutions and seamless experiences for both HR and the business
- Collaborate x-sector/function on initiatives/goals that apply across the region
- Proactively identify opportunities to partner x-group and or x-sector to ensure integration of efforts
- Partner with Japan OneHR double hat leader to identify unique needs for partnership
- Partners with Global Services & Corporate Services (Specialists) teams to ensure flawless execution across the organization
- Ensure effective performance of team
- Ensure meaningful engagement, development, and energy of team
- Drive culture of Credo, growth, collaboration, and inclusion within team
Culture Building & Change Management
- Partner with global-sector/Vision, region-sector (and x-sector), and country/cluster HR leaders to shape culture, employee engagement, talent agendas, and change initiatives as appropriate
- Creates and oversees the implementation of HR plans and programs related to organizational design, development and change, focused on building strategic capabilities and driving a culture that embraces and advances J&J’s Credo, innovation and performance.
- Implements effective strategies to enable the organization to thrive through periods of change, e.g. acquisition, internal growth, restructuring.
Key Requirements & Demonstrated Strengths
- 10+ years professional experience, including managerial experience coaching and leading talent; minimum of 7 years of progressive HR or HR related experience required
- People management experience preferred
- Leadership Imperatives
- Credo & Our Purpose: demonstrate and role model Credo behaviors
- Connect: collaborate extensively with diverse teams to integrate HR solutions, balancing voice of local customer, external trends, short- and long term needs to achieve business goals
- Shape: identify creative and innovative ideas; challenge the status quo
- Grow: effectively lead, develop, and accelerate others; role model exceptional people leadership
- Strategy leader: Create, shape, and apply meaningful strategies that meet long- and short-term goals
- Talent mindset: develop high performing, diverse, sustainable talent pools; expertise in talent management
- Business mindset: integrate internal and external business drivers and financial insights to drive talent outcomes for the business
- Trusted partner: effectively coach, influence, and advise
- Integrator: look across groups and needs to identify/build end-to-end, holistic solutions; role model enterprise mindset
- Change advocate: drive strategic change to proactively meet evolving business needs and explore new business models
- Operational excellence: Continuously drive enhanced effectiveness and efficiency of HR solutions
- Analytics mindset: identify and use data to inform decision making
- Digital champion: identify, use, and role model the use of technology to meet needs
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies in Japan strongly recommends prospective employees to complete the COVID-19 vaccination before or as soon as after joining our company to prevent the spread of infection among our employees and people around them as well as our customers and the community we serve, and to ensure our responsibilities are sustainably fulfilled as a healthcare company (except for those who cannot vaccinated with underlying medical conditions and other circumstances).