Ethicon Inc. (6045) is currently recruiting for an Adhesive Sealant Operator located in our Cornelia, GA site.
- Responsible for using equipment for the assembly and processing tasks to produce finished products according to established specifications.
- Accountable for adhering to all quality and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for setting up, performing and troubleshooting all aspects of the Adhesives and Sealants Operator position for Ethicon Cornelia site under the direction of the manufacturing facilitator .
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under limited supervision and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Sets up production equipment to produce subassemblies or finished products.
- Ensures production equipment is properly set up.
- Checks products on assembly line to confirm that they are properly assembled and remove defective products.
- Compiles records and reports on quality inspection results.
- Cleans, maintains and performs basic repairs on equipment as needed.
- Schedules maintenance and/or repairs on equipment as directed.
- Prepares accurate records/documentation related to quality, work in progress, test results, and special projects.
- Troubleshoots production problems. Reports and documents unresolved production problems.
- Set up and operate all manufacturing equipment and instrumentation as required to complete the DERMABOND monomer processes: synthesis, cracking, and distillation in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Set up and operate all manufacturing equipment and instrumentation as required to complete the DERMABOND initiator and formulation processes in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Utilize CAMSTAR to complete electronic DHR during the Monomer synthesis, cracking, and distillation processes, monomer stabilization process, formulation processes, and the DERMABOND initiator manufacturing processes.
- Perform job functions in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Perform required cleaning of the DERMABOND monomer / initiator process glassware and equipment in accordance with company Standard Operating Procedures and safety policies.
- Complete preventive maintenance on all chemical manufacturing equipment associated with the DERMABOND monomer / initiator processes, including vacuum pumps, hoses, platforms, etc.
- Maintain departmental cleanliness including performing and documenting required cleaning of the Chemical Manufacturing area.
- Handle and dispense chemicals associated with the DERMABOND monomer / initiator processes in accordance with company Standard Operating Procedures and safety policies.
- Dispose of chemical wastes per established Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform equipment calibration checks on balances prior to use.
- Complete electronic DHRs in CAMSTAR accurately as per Standard Operating Procedures in compliance with QSR regulations.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in team environment.
- Understand the DERMABOND monomer processes to a level necessary to effectively troubleshoot equipment and processes.
- Use of electronic manufacturing system to process and release material (ex. JDE, CAMSTAR, etc.).
- Maintain accurate product and raw material inventories to enable product flow.
- Ensure incoming raw materials, supplies, equipment, and instrumentation are in compliance with specifications and Quality Systems Regulations (QSR).
- Independently able to follow production schedule.
- Able to assist/lead in operator training.
- Provide area leadership in coordinating department activities and equipment for production, development or any other type activities.
- Participate in writing and revising standard operating procedures and specifications as needed.
- Participate in research and development activities for formulation or development of products or process improvements.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of underlying chemical principles.
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level.
- For those who supervise or manage a staff, responsible for ensuring that subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition, if applicable
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Job schedule requires shift and weekend work
- Ability to work safely with variety of chemicals
- Operate HMI and computer for recording EDHR data
- Ability to wear protective garb such as respirator, anti-static safety shoes, laboratory and protective gowns
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift heavy glass containers
- This position requires wearing of a respirator and special gowning practices for operator safety
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High School
- Minimum 1-year experience working in a chemical area or handling chemicals
- Minimum of 1-year experience working in an area demonstrating mechanical aptitude- glass piping, mechanical or electrical hands on job, or chemical laboratory operations or testing
- Work history free of significant safety incidents over the past 5 years
- Generally, Requires 4-6 Years Work Experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES and AFFILIATIONS
- Intermediate troubleshooting skills.
- Computer and database management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills.
- Statistical and analytical problems solving.
- Knowledge in GMP documentation.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Outlook.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools.
- Must have solid math skills: decimals, conversions, percentages, fractions, tolerances, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to use HMI and data collection software.
- Strong leadership skills.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.