Robotics & Digital Solutions, a part of Ethicon, Inc. is recruiting Software Engineers. This position is located in Santa Clara, California.
Robotics and Digital Solutions, is part of Johnson & Johnson Med Tech. At Johnson & Johnson Robotics and Digital Solutions, we’re changing the trajectory of health for humanity, using robotics to enhance healthcare providers’ abilities and improve patients’ diagnoses, treatments, and recovery times. Johnson & Johnson Robotics was established in 2020 with the integration of Auris Health, Verb Surgical, C-SATS, and Ethicon. It comprises three key med-tech platforms: Flexible Robotics (MONARCH®), Surgical Robotics (OTTAVA™), and Digital Solutions. Join our collaborative, rapidly growing teams in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City and Santa Clara), Cincinnati, and Seattle. You’ll collaborate on breakthrough medical technologies that unite multiple subject areas to build a connected digital ecosystem that advances medical professionals’ skills and improves patient outcomes.
As a Software Engineer at RAD, you will have the opportunity to develop software for our groundbreaking robotic surgical platform – Ottava Robotic System. You will write code to control hardware actuators & sensors, define communication protocols talking to embedded devices, provide testing infrastructures, and implement robust, fail-safe software. We’ve assembled a team of outstanding engineers and are looking for a new team member to join us!
- Develop robust and safe C++ code in multi-core, multi-threaded environments
- Software design, code reviews, integration testing
- Implement risk mitigations in existing software designs
- Write test infrastructures to aid verification and validation
- Work closely with Systems, Electrical, Embedded and Control Systems engineers
- Other related duties as assigned
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Robotics or related field is required; M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Robotics is preferred
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience writing multi-threaded C++ software
- Proficiency with Data structures, C++ STL, IPC mechanisms, and Object oriented analysis and design
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- C++11 experience
- Experience with Linux/RTOS environments
- Comfortable in debugging software which controls hardware devices
- This position will be based out of Santa Clara CA and may require up to 10% travel both international and domestic
Do you want to be part of a diverse team delivering innovative products to market? Apply today!
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.