At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Janssen R&D, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Data Scientist (co-op), located at our PA or NJ sites and also able to work remotely.
The role sits within the Quality Analytics Organization in BioResearch Quality & Compliance (BRQC), a unit of Janssen R&D responsible for quality in clinical trials. It will involve the implementation of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive data analytics. This exciting role will allow you to bring innovative thinking to a team that is fast moving and looking to prototype advanced data analysis techniques.
The scope of data to be analyzed ranges from data about BRQC quality processes, to operations or scientific data from our R&D partners and further to external data from industry and regulators.
Key Responsibilities :
- Assist in creating new mechanisms to monitor for quality signals on an ongoing basis using advanced analytics, signal detection, natural language processing, machine learning, deep learning, and time-series analysis
- Engage with diverse business partners to develop innovative trending and modeling capabilities that help improve current processes.
- Bring capability and skills to contextualize quality data into insights that will enable data driven-decision making
- Apply analytical/statistical methods to complex and disparate data sources to deliver actionable insights
- Bring together the critical factors of data, processes, and systems to create insight from information
- Work on a number of data science projects and be given the opportunity to define innovative techniques to analyze data and generate insights
- Work with a team of other data analysts and scientists
- Liaise with members of BRQC to define, conduct and communicate data analytics
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a Bachelor’s, Masters or Ph.D. degree, preferably with a STEM major or area of concentration.
Experience and Skills:
- Available to work (Part-time or Full-time).
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Highly organized and able to take on multiple responsibilities and keep track of details.
- Have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Need programming and/or data and business analysis experience.
- Prior data science experience, i.e. analyzing real-world (noisy/imperfect/incomplete) datasets and developing algorithms to solve problems on them, is strongly preferred.
- Prior programming experience in a Data Science language (R/Python) is preferred.
- Experience with agile software development is desired.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.