Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies is recruiting for a Medical Executive, Health Systems Integration. This position can be based in the Midwest or West Regions with proximity to a major airport and may require 25-30% travel.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Medical Executive, Health Systems Integration will execute on Medical Affairs plans to improve population health and address health equity issues in US healthcare systems by engaging with executive leadership at these institutions and working closely with cross-functional Janssen colleagues.
The Medical Executive, Health Systems Integration will be a physician who possesses a deep understanding of US hospitals and healthcare systems as well as the Quintuple Aim for Healthcare Improvement (i.e., improving population health, the patient experience, the physician experience, health equity, and reducing costs). He/she will have a track record of working successfully with cross-functional partners, impressive leadership skills, and an ability to juggle multiple projects at a time in order to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
The Medical Executive, Health Systems Integration will work closely with other members of Medical Affairs Leadership, Medical Science Liaisons, Janssen Scientific Affairs Leadership, commercial leadership, and Medical Analytics to identify health system-specific needs and help formulate Janssen’s strategic and tactical response.
The role will report to the Senior Medical Executive, Cardiovascular Integration.
- Engage regularly with senior leadership at hospitals and integrated delivery networks to foster strong, productive relationships with health care providers and C-suite and D-suite executives at US healthcare systems
- Partner with colleagues in Population Health, Field V&E and Medical Analytics to identify and address needs related to achievement of the quintuple aim
- Use data analytics, industry insights, Voice-of-the-Customer information, and other inputs to understand healthcare behaviors and develop effective strategies to advance patient care, quality of care, and health equity.
- Work directly with internal partners such as other members of Medical Affairs Leadership, Medical Science Liaisons, commercial leadership, Population Health Directors, V&E Scientific Account Leads, Medical Analytics, and Sales Learning & Development to help shape Janssen Cardiovascular Franchise strategies and tactics.
- An MD or a DO is required.
- 10 years of professional experience is required.
- Residency training in Internal Medicine is preferred as are fellowship training in Cardiology or Endocrinology.
- Five years relevant work experience in US hospital(s) or in US Healthcare System(s) is required.
- Medical Affairs experience in the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- A track record of working effectively in cross-functional teams or in a matrixed environment, as well as demonstrated strategic thinking, business acumen and presentation skills are required.
- Up to 25-30% travel is required.
The base pay range for this position is MIN $187,000 to MID $280,000
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, long-term incentive, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.