Johnson and Johnson Vision (JJV) is currently recruiting for a SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER in Irvine, CA.
At Johnson & Johnson Vision , we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com . Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
The Senior Software Engineer will make vital contributions to the Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision New Product Development (NPD) pipeline and transform patient care through innovation. This position is responsible for working with our NPD teams to design and develop product software for use in cutting edge medical devices and associated capital equipment. Candidates must be self-motivated, independent and have an eagerness to learn and work as a team and a desire to thrive. You are expected to demonstrate sophisticated engineering knowledge, be able to independently resolve approaches to difficult technical problems and communicate broadly across engineering teams.
Are you interested in an excellent opportunity to be a key contributor to bringing exciting new products to market while also providing the opportunity for professional growth? Apply today!
Key Responsibilities :
- Develop and deliver robust and safe embedded software for medical devices, from the concept phase and research through design, coding, simulation, testing, integration and debugging, to manufacturing and post-launch support
- Collaborate with engineers in mechanical, electrical, firmware, test, and other fields to build innovative solutions and ensure requirements and specifications are met
- Help plan projects - scope, budgets, and timelines - and write requirements and test protocols
- Demonstrate leadership and expertise in embedded software development especially for failure mode effects analysis (FMEA) and patents
- Document the design of your software, coordinate code reviews, and participate in the formal release process for medical devices satisfying quality and regulatory requirements
- Live J&J's Credo by demonstrating a dedication to environmental and safety goals, polices, and procedures.
Experience and Skills:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related engineering field is required.
- 3+ years of dynamic production-grade software development experience.
- At least one full software development cycle from concept to commercial release.
- Strong C/C++ coding skill.
- Experienced with automated unit testing
- Experience with using Qt framework and QML
- Experience with software development tools, version control, communication protocols, and development process.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be able to work effectively at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to mentor/teach others on the team
- Medical device experience (IEC 62304) or experience in heavy regulated industry/environment is preferred.
- Experience with sophisticated embedded software development with multiple modules in different language platforms.
This position is located in Irvine, CA and may require up to 20% travel, especially to the San Jose area
For US based candidates, the base pay range for this position is $83000 to $133,400 USD
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to:
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.