DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
DePuy Synthes (Part of Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies) is recruiting for a Senior Director, NPD Power Tools, a key supporting role in the team on the forefront of new power tools technology for the digital orthopedic medical device industry.
In this role, the ideal candidate will lead and oversee the execution of new Power Tool product launches, ensuring regulatory and quality requirements are being met. The individual will have responsibility over the design and development of power equipment, hand held power tools, medical device surgical power and medical device capital equipment. This individual will shape a strategic pipeline to support our diverse products, ensuring they are comprised of balanced (short-term, incremental-disruptive, internal -external) opportunities.
We are looking for a strong collaborator with superior communication skills that allow them to partner with other R&D team leaders and influence the cross functional teams to flawlessly execute on time and on scope. They will tenaciously drive the project timelines forward, unapologetically making and communicating critical path decisions. They will use their leadership to inspire the team and organization forward.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science in and Engineering discipline (electrical, mechanical, systems or related discipline) combined with 10 years of experience in Engineering Product Development in a highly regulated environment.
- A Master’s degree in Engineering or sciences in a technical field, preferred
- A minimum of 10 -12 years of experience working in a quality system framework (ISO 13485)
- Experience in the design and development of power equipment, hand-held power tools, medical device surgical power and med device equipment
- Experience with hardware medical devices
- Experience with 510K and CE mark.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic pipeline development
- A proven track record of successfully bringing products from concept to market on schedule & within budget is required.
- Must be self-driven, able to work independently, and prioritize multiple projects
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience managing people or cross functional projects
- Proven record of leading diverse cross-functional teams in highly matrixed/complex environments and a track record in developing capabilities along new trajectories for an organization to be successful in the future
- Differentiated track record in people development and creating a strong pipeline of talent to lead the strength of this platform for the future
- This position requires up to 25% travel (international and domestic)
- This position is located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL