The objective of this role is to support the activities related to analytical and chemical functions within Janssen PMP. This requires initiation of the R&D programs, product-related activities and interaction with a wide range of other functional teams within PMP and also external resources.
This position may have also to support the other laboratories and the biological lab in particular in some occasions.
The main activities of the Analytical Scientist are the following:
- Performs analytical and chemical activities with respect to timelines & priorities, making use of an excellent knowledge of the available equipment.
- Takes the lead in the analytical aspects of new product developments and proof-of-principles.
- Act as analytical chemistry expert within PMP and undertake analytical activities related to support of existing products, qualifying new chemicals sources, supporting regulatory dossier submissions and supply chain or sales and marketing requests
- Develops new analytical methods, interprets and optimizes external methods, runs quantitative and qualitative analysis on existing and new products.
- Build-up internal lab capabilities and a strong network within Johnson & Johnson and with external laboratories.
- Monitors current scientific literature in key journals. Performs general literature and research searches including analysis and interpretation.
- Maintains of high standards with respect to safe working practices, quality procedures (e.g. ISO 9001), reporting and communication.
- Good communication skills in interactions with other groups within PMP (R&D teams, Project Managers, BU leaders, Product managers, Supply Chain and Regulatory) and third parties such as toll manufacturers, suppliers, test institutes and Janssen Pharmaceutica.
- Pro-active project working skills and maintaining good working relationships within multi-disciplinary teams. Able to work as core team member in a Janssen PMP projects managed under the FPX guidelines.
- Master in chemistry or chemical engineering or bachelor in chemistry with proven and relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of and hands-on experience with organic analytical techniques such as UPLC, GC and mass spectrometry is preferred.
- Experience with analysis of natural compounds, volatiles compounds or large molecules as well as experience with physical characterization of solid and liquids or formulation chemistry is an asset.
- Willingness to work in the lab and to be in frontline contact with customers, test institutes and co-formulant suppliers
- Comfortable with designing own experiments, interpreting results, proposing next steps and writing reports in a very clear and comprehensive way.
- Flexible, eager to learn and develop. Curious, structured and creative.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken) and also required to communicate in Dutch.
- Excellent communication skills internally and externally.
- Business development mindset and able to operate with a certain level of independence.
- Being flexible, entrepreneurial and able to perform in a demanding environment.
- Beerse, Belgium.
- Preferentially 80-100% working on the Beerse campus.