Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is recruiting for a Supervisor, Production - 2nd shift located in Danvers, MA.
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed's "Patients First!" culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
The Supervisor, Production will supervise the activities of the assemblers and inspectors in the production area. Supervisors will have ownership and responsibility for day to day activities for their production area. Ensure that daily production schedules are met and that manufacturing standards and procedures are followed. Provide day to day direction to the production personnel concerning work assignments, overtime reduction, quality issues/non-conformances, and priorities. Oversee the production process and production documentation to ensure compliance to Regulatory requirements and Abiomed’s Quality Policy. Responsible for continuous improvement activities in respective area, fostering team work, and maintaining a positive work environment. Support validation testing and the launch of new products, components, and equipment.
- Establish a culture of excellence in execution, continuous improvement, and communication
- Lead a production team (process, material, and equipment) to meet and exceed targets related to People, Safety, Environment, Quality, Delivery, and Cost
- Coordinate production activities with purchasing, maintenance/facilities, engineering, and quality control to optimize team members, schedules, and production equipment.
- Establish and manage cross training models for their area.
- Engage with engineering team to utilize capacity models and assess constraints as projected demand changes
- Perform administrative duties such as regular employee meetings, timekeeping/attendance/vacation requests, performance appraisals (input with manager), disciplinary actions, interviewing, rewards & recognition, training and development.
- Manage Production and Deliveries to target levels.
- Assist Production Manager by providing data and analysis on production, quality control, maintenance, and operational issues to determine causes of non conformities
- Help identify and resolve production problems utilizing problem solving tools such as: 5 Why’s, Cause and Effect, brainstorming, etc. Ability to know when to escalate an issue.
- Ensure compliance to the training plans, procedures, and industry regulations.
- Support and drive lean principles throughout the manufacturing floor
- High School Degree required; Associates Degree or higher in technical field preferred.
- 2 years supervisory experience; Medical device experience preferred or other highly regulated environment.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Quality Assurance experience & knowledge of GMP required
- Knowledge of Lean, Kaizen, and Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Ability to gain cooperation of others and lead team members
- Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly, effectively, and frequently (oral and written).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of SAP desired.
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.