Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. With $94.9 billion in 2022 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
The Transportation Category Manager will be responsible for supporting the APAC Transportation Procurement Category Leadership thru managing the development and execution of the assigned sub-category sourcing strategies for the related Transportation spend of MedTech and Janssen. She/He will also need to lead/support global initiatives such as SRM, global category strategy update, benchmark, as needed. This individual will monitor, analyze, and report on the organization’s activities and ability to deliver against targets for service reliability, quality, financial performance (Cost Improvement, Inflation mitigation), innovation, sustainability (ESG), diversity, compliance adherence, and overall growth commitments.
The Category Manager’s scope of responsibilities including:
- Lead/support in developing the related Procurement sourcing strategy for, with and through the stakeholder community regionally (and globally, as needed).
- Execute the strategy with robust implementation plan for assigned Transportation sub-categories and markets to ensure they effectively meet the long-range business needs and deliver the maximum value for both MedTech and Janssen.
- Deliver on service reliability, quality, financial, innovation, supply sustainability and diversity, and overall growth commitments.
- Negotiate and sign Transportation service agreements with suppliers to secure reliable Transportation services and best protect J&J interests.
- Partners with both MedTech and Janssen DELIVER communities to set priorities to deliver year on year value creation, efficiency improvements, sourcing events and drive competitive advantages.
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM): Interface directly with suppliers to ensure that MedTech and Janssen Business objectives are met, including service reliability, quality, costs, innovation, sustainability (ESG), diversity and compliance adherence.
- Engage and work very closely with stakeholders from key functions (Deliver, Supply Chain, Finance, EHS&S, IT, etc.) to drive transportation initiatives and help deliver the Business Plan
- Partner seamlessly with Global Transportation Category team to make sure Global strategies capture key APAC business needs and, the key Transportation Procurement agenda in APAC is in line with global Transportation sourcing strategies.
- Collaborate with Warehousing Procurement teams to co-manage the logistics suppliers and engage with the business in a synchronized way.
- Properly and timely escalate issues that may impact Transportation category and the business it serves.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Science
- At least 7 to 10 years of experience in Transportation Procurement Experience
- Broad-based understanding of core Procurement and Logistics (especially Transportation) areas of focus regarding supplier management
- Level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, category management, Procurement Excellence, etc.)
- Strong knowledge in Logistics processes especially for transportation
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
- Analytical, sound judgment and decision making, problem solver
- Demonstrated track record of delivering against targets and objectives
- Demonstrated collaborative mindset and behavior
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary
- Analytical and process oriented
- Commercial, strategy development, and negotiations skills
- Results oriented and able to independently create and deliver
- Project management experience
- Communication, presentation skills and good listener
- Decision making / problem solving / strong sense of urgency
- Commercial agreements management
- Process Excellence and LEAN skills and experience
- Strong knowledge in Logistics processes for warehousing
- Ability to develop a high level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment
- Travel is expected about 10% within APAC region