Johnson & Johnson Innovative Medicine is recruiting for a co-op position, located in Pennsylvania/New Jersey
Impact (Outcomes) of Decision-Making: Effective data management, governance, and reporting are needed to ensure the GRA organization moves towards data-driven decision making. The individual works on projects that drive continuous improvement, and impact metrics and monitoring policies, processes, standards, and technology systems.
Supervision Received: This role reports to a Manager or Associate Director in Business Outcomes Delivery (BOD) and works independently with limited supervision with a moderate level of autonomy. This position works within a global environment and is accountable to ensure key items and timelines are met.
Regulatory Data Office and Regulatory Data Analytics & Governance play a critical role in helping drive a data-centric culture within BOD, LSM, GRA. This role will support BOD by analyzing data to evaluate its efficiency, quality, and value by gathering insights to further advance our ability to make forward-thinking data-driven decisions, data governance, while using enabling data analytics tools and technology.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, identifying primary data sources, delivering continuous improvement of metrics reporting processes, and provisioning reports and metrics to key cross-functional team members. Learn business aspects of data standards, data architecture and related governance by working with data stewards/data office/process owners and learn to “ask the right questions”.
- Support in the design, implementation, and maintenance of a program to increase and sustain data literacy across GRA. Drive a data-driven culture by enabling business utilization and self-service of their data transformation and visualization needs.
- Obtain, gather, and analyze data used to provide insight to key indicators, trends, risks, and opportunities.
- Prepare and deliver functional presentations for senior leaders.
- Build digital competence on how to use data as an enabler, actively seek data-driven insights and confidently use data tools to make valuable decisions that deliver value.
- Enhance critical thinking and problem identification: Challenge the status quo and identify root causes of issues to efficiently solve problems in an agile way of working.
- Currently pursuing Bachelors, Masters, or other degrees in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Engineering, Public Health, Data Sciences, or Life Sciences and any relevant degrees in an accredited university is required.
- Have permanent work authorization in the US. We cannot consider students requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
- Be currently enrolled and pursuing a bachelor’s degree and must be a rising sophomore, junior, or senior.
- Knowledge of basic statistics and data analytics tech/tools (e.g., excel or any other).
- Curiosity to explore data hands on, bring together insights on the findings, ask questions, work with agility, and promptness.
- Excellent communication skills, and actively inviting and collaborating diverse voices, opinions, and perspectives in a cross-functional and multi-cultural dynamic environment
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .]