At Johnson & Johnson Innovative Medicine, we are working to create a world without disease! Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
Janssen Supply Chain (JSC) is recruiting for a
IRTE Analyst Transport Operations EMEA
on Site Beerse, Belgium.
Overall purpose of job:
A member of the Inter-Regional Transport Excellence operations team, the Analyst IRT is responsible for flawless operational execution of inter-region transport lanes; managed door-door. This includes day to day operational issue management, transportation/logistics coordination and project management with freight forwarders, shipping sites and supply planning.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Manage door-door operational management for Johnson & Johnson inter-region transport lanes covering air, road and ocean, ensuring consistent product availability and highest levels of customer experience.
- Lead process improvement projects leveraging PM methodologies like Six Sigma, FPX, etc., to drive reliability and or cost efficiencies for inter-regional transport moves.
- Ability to present performance metrics and project charters/updates to various levels of management.
- Responsible for coordination, track & trace and exception management for segment inter-region transportation lanes.
- Lead/participate in operational vendor management meetings (business reviews, reporting on operational vendor performance) and lead day to day tactical relationship with the vendors.
- As required, partner with distribution Centers and manufacturing facilities to coordinate and manage freight on inter-regional lanes.
- Partner with J&J Deliver Quality to ensure that transport operations is managed within the appropriate quality framework.
- Primary point of contact for sites and logistics providers to communicate issues affecting shipment flows, including but not limited to missing documentation, freight delays, quality events and shipping receiving delays.
- Perform ad-hoc operational analytics to drive day to day business efficiencies.
- Lead operational activities to support global bids for various inter-region transport moves; including requirements, baseline validation and lane implementation to pre-established metrics.
- Provide support for event management in other geographical regions based on criticality of issues.
- Stakeholder support:
- Be SME for launches, projects, CIPs, customer service projects
- Support tenders led by Logistic Procurement partners
- Support service issues and drive to resolution
- Lane Implementation:
- Support lane implementation for new lanes either as part of a tender or part of a lane change for any reason (new routing, new customer, etc.)
- Establish SOP for lane implementation
- Connect: Forge internal collaboration across the supply chain and cultivate external relationships and partnerships
- Deliver: Empower people to act with speed, agility, accountability
- Shape: Challenge the status quo, lead and adapt to change
- Lead: Encourage others to engage in transparent & constructive conversations, contributing to high-performing teams
Other features of the job:
- Highly matrixed, global organization; multi-sector
- Heavy project management and influencing
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required with 2-4 years’ experience.
- Preferred previous experience or internship in one or more of the following functions: Planning, Distribution, Manufacturing, Transportation, Logistics, Customer Service or Supply Chain Operations.
- Possess technical skills and sound judgment to effectively assess risk, triage issues for severity and imminence, and potential impact.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Working knowledge of analytics and analytical tools (Alteryx & PowerBI) are preferred
- Working knowledge of project management tools (Microsoft project, GNATT, RACI, Lessons learned, FMEA, etc.) are desired.
- Need to be comfortable challenging the status quo and navigate between different hierarchical levels while maintaining collaboration and inclusion.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and work with different cultures.
- Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools, training and/or certification is desired.
- Fluent in English, fluency in other languages is desirable.
- Integrity and Credo-based Actions.
Live Our Credo & Pursue Our Purpose
As part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, Our Purpose is ‘We blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.’ We are guided by the values in Our Credo. With responsibility to patients, employees, communities, and stakeholders, Our Credo puts the needs of each of those first.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”.