Janssen Pharmaceutical, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, Quality Assurance Operations– CAR-T Manufacturing! This position will be located in Raritan, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Janssen Biotech, Inc., one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, and Legend Biotech USA Inc., have entered into a global, strategic collaboration to develop, manufacture, and commercialize a chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy. This innovative strategic partnership is designed to combine the strengths and expertise of two companies to advance the promise of an immunotherapy CAR-T platform and investigational treatment.
The Director, Quality Operations Head, Raritan Cell Therapy Manufacturing Operations leads and handles all aspects of Quality Operations in support of the Raritan CAR T manufacturing site, in full compliance with established cGMP, J&J and JSC requirements. Functions and activities include Quality oversight of QA Incoming, QA Shop Floor, Batch Record Review and Release, Cryopreservation, Lenti, and QCBB production facilities. Manages a team of people leaders and technical professionals within the QA based on assigned work, direction, mentoring and developing capabilities. Develops and implements long-term strategies, and execution of Quality programs.
- Drives the strategy and adherence to cGMP compliance for the site.
- Proactively identifies recurring trends, and implements a Right First Time program in collaboration with manufacturing and QC operations to reduce deviations and improve efficiency.
- Provides leadership and direction to the Quality and Site Management Teams to ensure business, quality and compliance goals are met following the J&J Standard of Leadership behavior model.
- Develops and champions an interpersonal culture that promotes behaviors that lead to outstanding business performance and organizational excellence.
- Responsible for appropriately staffing and developing the Quality Operations organization to meet budget and succession plans.
- Leads launches of new products and technologies. Participates in product stage gate reviews representing Site Quality Assurance.
- Partners with the Compliance Team to prepare for and support Health Authority inspections at Raritan. Leads and hosts compliance audits. Serves as SME for QA operations to support all regulatory inspections.
- Ensures that all external customer complaints and internal complaints from affiliates are handled, evaluated and investigated in timely and effective manner, in conformance with cGMP’s, Janssen Supply Chain Policies and Procedures.
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Science is required, preferably in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related Science or Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience building and leading exceptional Quality Assurance teams.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant work experience, with 5 of those years managing a team of senior leaders and professionals within Quality Assurance.
- Experience with implementing and coordinating GMP operations in a commercial manufacturing facility.
- Knowledgeable of Quality Risk Management concepts.
- Experience in regulated environment (FDA, EMA) and other worldwide regulatory agencies and regulatory inspections.
- Comfortable speaking and interacting with inspectors
- Excellent communication, interpersonal relation, collaboration, and influencing skills.
- Significant experience with Advanced Therapies is preferred.
- This position may require up to 10% domestic travel
- This position has an estimated annual salary of 142,000- 284,000USD$
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.