At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Join us!
Robotics & Digital Solutions, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Surgical Robotics & Control Intern, located Santa Clara, CA.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc. , a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
The Surgical Robotics & Controls Intern will help in the development of a sophisticated robotic surgical system. They will be mentored and work closely with other cross-functional engineers to characterize, test, and develop various robotics & control functions, including but not limited to robotic software, for required functionalities, performance, and safety. We are looking for a candidate who is flexible, self-motivated, curious and passionate about revolutionizing the world of medical robotics.
- Work under mentorship with cross-functional engineers to characterize and develop robotics & control functions
- Participate in design discussions and reviews
- Develop robotic software to implement required functionalities, safety measures, and modeling or analysis needs
- Characterize function performances with test setup, data collection, and analysis
- Undergraduate, Master's or PhD student in Robotics, Mechatronics, Controls, or equivalent is required
- Hands-on experience with robotic hardware is required
- Experience in C++ and/or Python programming is required
- Collaborative and self-motivated teammate with excellent written and in-person communication skills is required
- In-depth knowledge in one or more of these areas: serial manipulator kinematics, robot calibration, motor control, motion planning, and/or robot dynamics
Do you want to be part of a diverse team delivering innovative products to market? Apply today!
The anticipated base pay for this position is between $27.00 and $50.00, but will be based on candidate’s program year, discipline, degree and/or experience.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.