Description - External
The Manager, Business Unit HR, Johnson & Johnson Innovative Medicine Japan is responsible for partnering closely with business leaders and managers across the assigned Business Unit to oversee end-to-end people management processes primarily in the areas of talent management, leadership coaching, performance, and development to drive sustainable business growth in the Innovative Medicine Japan business. The successful applicant will report into the Senior Manager, Business Unit HR, Johnson & Johnson Innovative Medicine Japan.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Partner with the assigned supervisor and business leaders, ensuring deep connection with and knowledge about the business and operating environment and be a strategic people partner.
- Design and implement organization and talent strategies in support of the Head of HR to ensure a robust pipeline of talent for the assigned Business Unit as well as the Johnson & Johnson enterprise.
- Work with the assigned supervisor and business leaders to build commercial leadership capabilities to continuously enhance the quality and effectiveness of the organization and drive growth.
- Provide group and one-on-one coaching with managers and employees to support leadership development, engagement intervention, business decision-making, problem solving and performance management.
- Develop and implement effective strategies to enable the organization to thrive through periods of change.
- Facilitate an engaged and high-performing work culture. Facilitate the resolution of performance and employee relations related issues.
- Partner with Global Services and Corporate Services HR organizations to ensure coordination of HR strategies and processes across the assigned organization.
- In addition to Business Unit HR responsibilities, the successful applicant will join or lead a Johnson & Johnson enterprise-wide initiative with OneHR mindset.
- Strong facilitation skills, basic business acumen, strategic and critical thinking, analytical skills
- Minimum 5 years of HR related experience
- Both Japanese and English language skills
- Ability to demonstrate Credo values and enterprise mindset.
- One or two experiences or deep understanding of Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, People & Organizational Development, Employee Relations / Labor Relations, HR Operations
- People-centered change management skills, agile and resilient
- Ability to synthesize and connect multiple inputs and translate them into simple solutions and messages.
- Ability to influence at all levels in a matrix environment with strong interpersonal skills and effectiveness, strong coaching skills.
- Proven track record in building trusting relationships, fostering a transparent environment, communicating difficult messages and yet be sensitive and supportive.
- Strong team player that will support the overall objectives of the Business Unit HR team.
- Demonstrated leadership attributes and achievements aligned with Johnson & Johnson’s Leadership Imperatives.