Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Agile Procurement, for our Janssen Research & Development Procurement team in Titusville, NJ, Spring House, PA or Raritan, NJ!
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior manager, Agile, Janssen R&D Procurement will ensure that the Procurement organization delivers results in support of the Janssen R&D strategy and objectives. The role works directly with the business, category leaders, and the broader function. Additionally contribute to and owning the operational execution of prioritized category strategy implementations, complex business projects, and other critical functional activities.
Are you passionate about providing better outcomes for patients? Are you motivated to join a newly formed agile team?
- Understand the Janssen R&D business priorities and partner with Procurement Category Leaders to devise strategies that advance those priorities
- Collaborate with senior business leaders to ensure Procurement strategies meet the business needs, and are adopted within the business
- Identify regional or business area specific industry trends that Procurement must build into its category strategies to ensure sustainable relevance to the business
- Lead major strategic sourcing events and negotiations as required
- Deliver against performance targets for the Janssen Procurement organization in the role’s areas of responsibility, and ensure target achievement
- Minimum 8 years related experience is required
- Experience in Life Sciences or Pharmaceutical industries
- Understanding challenges through the eyes of business leaders
- Able to persuade others to change behavior in pursuit of a common goal
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills at the senior executive level and with peers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to confidently present complex information to senior executives
- Foundational understanding of core procurement areas of focus including spend management, source-to-pay.
- Strong project and change management capabilities
- Demonstrated learning agility, improving both yourself and the people around you
- Demonstrated agile behaviors
- High level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community, based on broad experience
- Proven track record of successfully leading cross-functional teams and implementing change programs
- Relevant business or other functional experience (i.e. R&D, Procurement, Data Science, etc.)
- Multi-category experience with experience across geographies of varied sizes and businesses
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment
- 10% travel requirement - US domestic and international
- The anticipated salary for this position within the United States is between $115,000 and $190,000
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .