Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Lab and Flow Core Manager, Cell Therapy Platform & Discovery based in Spring House, Pennsylvania.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, cardiovascular and metabolism, and pulmonary hypertension. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com for more information.
We are a dynamic and innovative cell therapy group at the forefront of cutting-edge research and development. Our team is dedicated to advancing cell-based therapies to transform the lives of patients worldwide. As we continue to expand our research efforts, we are seeking a highly motivated Flow Core and Lab Manager to join our team. As the Flow Core and Lab Manager for our Cell Therapy Group, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing and coordinating laboratory operations to ensure the success of our research initiatives. You will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams of scientists and lab services members to facilitate the development of groundbreaking cell therapy products.
This role is a unique opportunity to contribute to scientific advancements that have the potential to revolutionize healthcare. Key activities will include routine calibration and maintenance of flow cytometers, training new team members on instrument startup/shutdown, maintenance, and data transfer in addition to serving as a cross-departmental liaison for safety and operations planning. In addition, there is an opportunity to cross-train in cell therapy specific techniques and participate in experimental work if interested. Come join us and become part of a fast-paced team working to achieve curative responses in patients with cancer by building best-in-class cell therapies!
· Take ownership of daily flow cytometer start-up/shut down and routine maintenance.
· Assist in basic flow panel development, troubleshooting and training.
· Support basic cell sorting set up, troubleshooting and training.
· Develop standardized training protocols for lab equipment use to help onboard new team members.
· Serve as dedicated safety leader and represent team on safety committee meetings and provide routine safety training for group.
· Represent the Cell Therapy Group as part of cross-departmental lab operations committees.
· Coordinate and help execute periodic lab fridge/freezer clean outs, de-frosts and space allocation.
· Identify and resolve issues that may arise during daily lab operations.
· Monitor lab equipment and space usage to identify potential redundancies or gaps.
· Manage/assign laboratory space and equipment to ensure equitable distribution.
· Implement and maintain quality control measures to ensure the accuracy and reliability of data.
· Foster effective communication and information sharing between teams.
· Lead a committee of functional heads within the group to spearhead lab-based initiatives.
· Serve as primary team point-of-contact for equipment alarms.
· Coordinate periodic lab audits and help resolve flags.
· Monitor consumables usage and restock main lab as needed.
• Bachelor's degree with 6 years of experience in a relevant field (e.g., biology, immunology, oncology, or cell biology) OR a master’s degree with 4 years of relevant experience is required.
• Proven experience in laboratory management or a related role is required.
• Technical background on multiple flow cytometry platforms (BD, Beckman Coulter), is preferred.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a team
• Self-motivated and proactive, with a track record of taking initiative.
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of safety protocols and laboratory best practices is required.
• Familiarity with cell culture techniques and cell therapy research is a plus.
• Basic experience with MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• This role is based on-site in Spring House, PA.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.