Abiomed is currently recruiting for a Sr Analyst, Risk Management to be based in Danvers, MA or Aachen, Germany.
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed's "Patients First!" culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
Risk management is a key functional capability to build resilient supply base and support projected business growth. We are recruiting a senior analyst to strengthen our risk management group, under procurement. The Risk Management team in procurement will be responsible to manage, mitigate and avoid risks in material and services categories, which includes direct material categories, external manufacturing, and indirect categories. This role will report to the senior manager and support operational activities in supplier risk management scope. This person will also support developing risk mitigation strategies and execute those working closely with procurement categories, and internal cross functions.
Primary responsibilities of this role are:
- Own and Manage supplier risk databases and develop insights for procurement and supply chain teams.
- Conduct supply risk assessments for suppliers across holistic risk indicators including strategic, financial, geopolitical, capacity, supply and logistics, cybersecurity, and compliance etc.
- Support developing and executing risk mitigation plans for short term, annual and long-term growth projections in collaboration with category managers.
- Conduct source risk assessment and mitigation plan at product level including new products in development.
- Develop risk alerts based on severity of risks and act with sense of urgency to mitigate risks.
- Support risk management lead and category managers to develop Business continuity plans for high-risk suppliers.
- Support in development of overall risk management strategy for procurement and embed those into base business practices.
- Develop visibility of risks to tier 2/3 for key material categories and incorporate findings in sourcing strategies.
- Work collaboratively to develop predictive risk management practices and deploy for procurement scope.
- Collaborate with category managers to embed risk management solutions into sourcing strategies, supplier relationship management and contracting activities.
- Support business planning process to incorporate risk management projects and required resourcing.
Track and Share supply risk monitoring database with defined period.
- Collaborate with other risk management teams in enterprise procurement, supply chain to bring best practices and solutions to Abiomed.
- Support Risk management team lead to evaluate and drive adoption of digital tools to make sustained risk sensing approach.
- Bachelors in engineering, Operations/Supply chain management or related field, MBA/MS preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of strong experience in procurement and/ or related supply chains required, with exposure to risk management scope.
- Experience in multiple disciplines of Supply Chain, including External Operations, Manufacturing, Procurement, Distribution and / or Quality related field is advantageous.
- Familiarity with material categories, including electronics, machining (metal, plastics, ceramics), molding, assembling, Tooling and manufacturing processes, is advantageous.
- Strong analytical mindset and ability to work with complex data / information set is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
- Experience to work across regions and understand markets.
- Strong Business Acumen with Medical Devices (specifically Abiomed relevant industry) experience preferred.
- Continuous improvement/lean/six sigma experience, black belt preferred.
- Experience with SAP preferred, or another ERP, device management and digital procurement systems.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.