Janssen Ortho, LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Maintenance & Reliability!
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we work to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Ortho, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Are you interested in joining a diverse team delivering outstanding results to our customers? Apply now for this exciting role!
The Senior Manager is responsible for supporting the manufacturing and packaging of solid dosage Pharmaceuticals in a regulated environment and guiding the maintenance team to deliver assets' uptime to the company. They work closely with the Small Molecule Site MAKE Asset Management (MAM) Lead and site personnel to implement manufacturing/packaging equipment efficiency and partner with Operations, Automation, Project Engineering, MSAT, EHS&S, and Engineering & Property Services (E&PS) Leads. They will serve as a single point of accountability at the site level. They are responsible for delivering quality, safe, compliant, and productive manufacturing & packaging maintenance services with a high focus on asset reliability and customer service.
- Lead and deploy on-site equipment maintenance, critical utility maintenance operations, and compliance; includes but is not limited to: support for manufacturing & packaging equipment projects, cost and process improvement (CIP) projects, asset management, reliability, and business operations.
- Partner with site-level functional Leads to deliver effective asset performance, understand site/platform strategies and expectations, and translate them into equipment maintenance solutions as part of a site/platform master plan in line with equipment maintenance standards.
- Ensure efficient, reliable, and high-quality deployment of solids dosage manufacturing and packaging equipment maintenance and critical utilities operations (within scope), use an effective balance of internal and external resources including service providers, and provide timely resolution of technical and operational issues that may arise.
- Deploy maintenance standards aligned with business priorities and lead deployment and efficiency of Asset Reliability, Asset Management, and Calibration Programs.
- Ensure the Maintenance organization maintains equipment, focusing on sound practices identified by the Asset Maturity Assessment and RCM, and with equipment uptime as a key indicator of success.
- Develop, align, and deploy Asset Management Strategic Plan and Asset Management plans aligned with local & global Asset Maturity strategies, as developed collaboratively with E&PS, Automation, Project Engineering, Quality assurance, Quality control & Maintenance Platform.
- Ensure the functionality and accurate maintenance of all equipment for the departments' Pharmaceuticals manufacturing & packaging are within GMP compliance.
- Lead, set, track, and achieve annual maintenance goals and objectives including key performance indicators targets while ensuring maintenance team's high level of performance.
- Sponsor continuous improvement activities while demonstrating passion for these goals.
- Partner with Compliance/Quality/EHS site-based organizations to drive harmonization and fulfillment of compliance programs and ensure compliance with regulatory and local requirements.
- Develop, manage, and control the maintenance annual budget while identifying and driving actions to optimize the maintenance costs through innovation and technology.
- Develop and deploy action plans for talent development, diversification, and professional and technical skills development for the maintenance team.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s or equivalent University degree required; focused degree in Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Chemical preferred
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in Industrial Manufacturing Operations and/or Engineering
- Experience with Maintenance & Reliability / Asset Lifecycle Management
- Hands-on experience in asset support (e.g., maintenance, equipment, facilities, and/or utilities)
- Solid understanding of FDA regulations and GMP guidelines
- Demonstrated managerial/ supervisory experience
- Financial/budget management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence and communicate effectively at all levels and build/maintain strong relationships with customers and service providers
- Strong problem solving, root cause analysis, and analytical skills
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing experience on Solid Dosage and/or Parenterals
- Experience developing and implementing global initiatives in alignment with business needs and with impactful results
- Asset Management Certification
- PE, PEx, and/or PMP/FPX certification
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Requires proficiency in both English and Spanish (written and oral)
- Requires up to 10% travel, domestic and/or international
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .