DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Velys Sales Manager, North Central. This position will cover the Mid-West geography (MN, MT, MI, IL, ND, SD, IN, WY).
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative, and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative treatments with intention, we are inspired to advance patient care with greater velocity than has previously been achieved. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services, and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment.
The VELYS Digital Surgery Sales Manager (VSM) serves as the leader for sales activities and sales goal attainment for the VELYS Digital Surgery Product Portfolio in their assigned sales territory. The VSM must be well-versed in capital selling processes, sales business planning, the use of financing tools, and able to work autonomously to managing a continuous capital pipeline to close capital deals and other med-tech sales on an accelerated timeline through budgeted and off-budget customer processes. The VSM will lead expanding the customer base by working with the VELYS Digital Surgery Senior Sales Manager to develop a comprehensive executable business plan and expanding customer relationships with both clinical and non-clinical stakeholders. The VSM will collaborate and work closely with the strategic customer group on ASC, large IDNs, Academic Centers, and the Joint Reconstruction Field Sales Force (FSO) on all pipeline opportunities to cross-promote the entire digital surgery product portfolio.
- Must be able to learn/know Total Knee Arthroplasty and Total Hip Arthroplasty anatomy and procedures enabling the successful application and sale of the entire VELYS Digital Surgery Product Portfolio.
- Responsible for the development of a comprehensive executable business plan to meet/exceed all VELYS sales goals in alignment with VELYS Digital Surgery Senior Sales Manager team sales goals.
- Serves as tactical leader for business plan sales activities to meet/exceed all VELYS Digital Surgery Product Portfolio sales goals with the desired deal acquisition target mix ratios.
- Encourages sales consultant trainings and hosts physician familiarization sessions (dinner programs, case observations, online training).
- Works with internal business partners (HCC, Legal, Deal Desk, etc.) to ensure compliance with J&J capital sales process requirements for deal proposals.
- Assist the VELYS Customer Experience Team and the Field Sales Organization with customer related activities and equipment logistical needs.
- Work collaboratively with adjacent business partners, company support personnel, geographically aligned Strategic Customer Group and Joint Reconstruction Field Sales personnel to carry out the achievement of overall business unit goals.
- Work with the VELYS Digital Surgery Senior Sales Manager and VELYS Customer Experience Team on proper launch cadence for VELYS Robotic Assisted Surgery and VELY Hips Navigation units.
- Work with the marketing, professional education, and commercial education teams to advance VELYS Digital Surgery sales and utilization.
- Manage existing business and new opportunities by thoroughly understanding the entire implant and digital surgery business ensuring accelerated deal closure and accurately deal forecasting.
- Demonstrates a high level of digital intelligence and the aptitude to function in new technology-oriented environments.
- Leader of VELYS branding and messaging in sales territory
- Ability to manage change through CREDO leadership behaviors
- Ability to lead external engagements, build credibility, and gain influence with surgeons and administrative customers alike.
- Ability to successfully work within a matrix organizational environment and demonstrate an enterprise mindset to influence/deliver results without direct authority.
- Must adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and compliance, and actively support our compliance program-related initiatives, programs, trainings, and activities.
- Must comply with all applicable laws and regulations relating to DePuy Synthes’ business activities and Policies and Procedures of the Health Care Compliance Program and Johnson and Johnson Business Code of Conduct.
- A minimum of 5 years of medical device sales experience
- Capital Sales experience
- Demonstrated consistent successful sales achievements in previous roles
- Software/digital sales experience
- C-Suite and conceptual selling
- Experience with joint reconstructive experience in hips/knees/shoulders
- Disruptive medical technology selling experience
- Previous Total joint reconstruction experience
- The ability to travel up to 75%
- Valid Driver’s license in one of the 50 States
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.