Janssen Spring House Synthetic Organic Chemistry Intern Position for 2023 (Undergraduate Student)
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting an undergraduate student for a synthetic organic chemistry intern position, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently seeking an outstanding and motivated individual to work in the Discovery Chemistry group located in Spring House, PA, as a summer intern. The internship program is focused on providing undergraduate college student an opportunity to learn about the role of organic chemistry in the drug discovery research and real-life training of the skills and tools relevant to perform as a drug discovery chemist!
THE SYNTHETIC ORGANIC CHEMISTRY INTERN WILL:
- Work collaboratively with a Janssen scientist
- Synthesize, purify, and characterize novel drug-like compounds
- Enable reaction discovery to address key synthetic challenges
- Participate and present at project team meetings
- Be exposed to various other functions within the drug discovery teams at Janssen
- Participate in campus-wide activities across the Janssen Spring House summer intern community
- Be based in Spring House, PA (suburban Philadelphia area)
- Candidates must be a sophomore, junior, or senior student enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a B.S. degree or equivalent in chemistry.
- Completion of introductory organic chemistry laboratory and coursework is required.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.2 is strongly preferred.
- Prior undergraduate research experience (outside of standard curriculum) is preferred.
- Familiarity with modern analytical techniques (NMR, MS, HPLC), various reactions techniques and safe laboratory practices is preferred.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates must be available to work 40 hours/week.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.