Ethicon is recruiting for a Senior Supplier Quality Development Engineer, Advanced Imaging.
Ethicon , part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
The Senior Supplier Quality Development Engineer will partner with R&D, Development Engineering, Development Quality, and Procurement teams throughout the component development & qualification activities at a supplier. Key areas of collaboration include: component requirement reviews, CTQ cascade, component development, test method verification, risk mitigation and component qualification
- Develop, produce, and test simple to sophisticated engineered components for medical imaging and endoscopes.
- Qualification of highly engineered components including validation, requirements review, and risk management (for example FMEA’s and process control plans).
- Ensures that process Quality control plans are in accordance with product risk level and are consistently followed.
- Coordinates, implements, and/or maintains, production and process controls using appropriate methods (process capability measures, statistical process controls, and process performance metrics).
- Assist in the development of functional test fixtures, automated test scripts, and data acquisition and measurement systems, with focus on repeatability and reproducibility (GR&R).
- Coordinate/administrate supplier quality processes including; change control, supplier non-conformances and quality agreements. Participate in local site supplier quality meetings to ensure communication of quality initiatives. Provide third party inspection support. Assist in the development, coordinate approval and maintain quality agreements
- Provide subject matter expertise in the selection, onboarding, monitoring, and disengagement of new and existing suppliers and materials, including lifecycle oversight such as: implementation of Quality Agreements, Audit Remediation, performance reviews and monitoring, Change Control and Specification review/approval, and building working relationships with supplier partners.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in an engineering field.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience required
- Work experience within a regulated industry (e.g., automotive, aerospace, medical, pharmaceutical, etc.)
- Process development, IQ/OQ/PQ, and statistical analysis knowledge. Knowledge of six-sigma methodologies and design for manufacturability is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience of designing for manufacturability and understanding of common manufacturing processes such as machining, sheet metal, casting, injection molding, and 3D printing.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer, and a Green Belt in one or more of the Process Excellence roadmaps (DMADVV, DMAIIC, or Lean) is preferred.
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel required
- The anticipated base pay range for this position for California candidates is $98,014.35 to $137,260.55
Employees and/or eligible dependents may be eligible to participate in the following Company sponsored employee benefit programs: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, business accident insurance, and group legal insurance.
Employees may be eligible to participate in the Company’s consolidated retirement plan (pension) and savings plan (401(k)).
This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s long-term incentive program.
Employees are eligible for the following time off benefits:
- Vacation – up to 120 hours per calendar year
- Sick time - up to 40 hours per calendar year; for employees who reside in the State of Washington – up to 56 hours per calendar year
- Holiday pay, including Floating Holidays – up to 13 days per calendar year
- Work, Personal and Family Time - up to 40 hours per calendar year
- Additional information can be found through the link below.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.]
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.