Janssen Research & Development discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
Janssen Research & Development, BE, a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Grant Expert Manager or Senior Manager, R&D Contracting, to be located within the EU region (location flexible).
Manager External Funding and Collaboration R&D Contracting
The R&D Global Government Grant Office (G3O) is established as a Center of Excellence of dedicated J&J business partners to help secure and maximize external funding and collaboration opportunities for Janssen in order to advance products in our pipeline and offer treatment solutions for unmet medical needs to impact and improve the lives of patients everywhere.
Acting on behalf of Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices Operating Companies, G3O is responsible for ensuring efficient and compliant end to end contracting with public-private partnerships (PPPs), including EU funding agencies, other national funding and also Non-Government Organizations (NGOs). Support to U.S Government entities, various agencies within the US Department of Defense and other US agencies may also be required.
- Support the G3O Focus Area Leads and assigned Focus Area Trio Team in the identification of Contract/Grant opportunities aligned to the J&J Business Partner identified priorities.
- Lead the External Funding Stakeholder (ExFT) Team in proposal development and grant writing.
- Support the management of proposal and contract data in JForce, G3O’s proposal data source; upload all required proposal documents in VeevaVault
- Keep track of project submission timelines and deadlines and coordinate the process to meeting these delivery/submission dates
- Support the assigned G3O Front Office Trio Team in the review of solicitation and calls related to other Focus Group area
- Ensure that the business partners understand the contractual obligations, in collaboration with other G3O partners (e.g. Legal, IP, Funding Type Expert and Proposal Coordinator)
- Support the signature process of Engagement Forms, for which the Business Partner, Business Liaison and/or Negotiator have a leading role
- Communications to project teams and G3O leadership
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Medical, engineering, business or related field.
- An advanced degree and/or focused degree in business management areas such as Finance, Accounting, Operations, or due to the scientific interactions that are often required with the internal research, development or technical teams and external funders a PhD/MD is also preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years total business experience in either Government or Commercial or R&D Contracting.
- A minimum of 5 years of government experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience in Pharmaceutical and/or Medical Devices Industry.
- Experience in Pharma/Biotech/MedTech or academic research or R&D Contract Management
- Minimum 4 years of project/program management experience (demonstrated experience with PPP/Government R&D contracting project management).
- Experience with organizational complexity involving various functional partners.
- The ability to collaborate effectively (including hands on support for technical, non-technical and financial teams) with all levels of the organization/management and influence decision-making across organizations and outside J&J.
- Excellent English verbal and written communications skills are required, a second language (Dutch, German, Italian, French) strongly desired.
- Experience in the life sciences, R&D, compound development, product development or similar scientific related research would be desired.
- Experience EU R&D Contracting and Grants Contracting is strongly preferred.
- An exciting position in an international and dynamic environment with continuous learning and growth opportunities.
- A competitive salary and other benefits for you and your family.
- An inclusive team environment where diversity and different opinions are respected and valued, and the importance of a good work-life balance is recognized.
This job is based in Beerse, Belgium or Leiden, Netherlands, although the exact location within Europe may be negotiated and will require up to 20% travel. If you are interested in working for a globally leading health care company in a challenging role, then send us your application in English today!
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!