Treasury Manager - Exposure Management
The Johnson & Johnson Global Treasury Services Center (GTSC) is a division of J.C. General Services BV. Together with J&J Corporate, the GTSC fulfills the role of in-house bank and is responsible for the financing as well as the cash and risk management of the J&J affiliates. The GTSC is also responsible for the settlements on behalf of the J&J affiliates worldwide. Working for Treasury will give you the outstanding opportunity to gain insights into both the corporate, the affiliate and the banking environment.
Your new team
The Exposure Management department is responsible for the J&J worldwide currency position and intercompany netting position and settlements. Foreign currency risk management activities are handled primarily through trading financial contracts (spot, swap, forward) to hedge foreign currency exposure globally. The Exposure Management team proactively business partners, together with our Treasury Services Centers, to provide outstanding foreign exchange solutions in line with our worldwide policy.
- You will be supervising monthly operations on intercompany netting settlement, including but not limited to consolidating intercompany netting position, identifying trends and anomalies etc.
- You will be supervising all payment instructions, bank reconciliation, resolution of differences and addressing intercompany netting queries.
- You are co-responsible for concluding foreign exchange contracts (spot, forward, NDF, swaps) within the framework of J&J procedures and policies and all related reporting requirements resulting from these activities – both internal and external.
- You will master specialized knowledge relating to Exposure Management. You will provide expertise and knowledge in financial markets and macro-economic developments. This will also involve a deep understanding of financial mathematics which results in complex modelling to advance the exposure management area.
- You will master an in depth and broad understanding of the end-to end Treasury process and have a keen understanding of how foreign exchange risk impacts each Treasury department, together with each operating company within the Corporation thus ensuring a broad approach to foreign exchange solutions within J&J.
- You will demonstrate the ability to anticipate Exposure Management needs and will be responsible for designing foreign exchange solutions. You will incorporate innovative ways into business applications and support complex strategies that have a direct impact on operational results. You will stay ahead of the treasury area by exploring/crafting new concepts with new thought processes.
- You will solve/improve independently sophisticated, unusual technical issues and gaps related to Exposure Management and where required, identify and/or craft alternative Exposure Management solutions.
- You will lead effective business partnering with the Treasury IT department. You are able to control the E2E impact between your area of expertise (Exposure Management) and IT. You will further define and develop the user requirements for the IT supporting systems. You will lead end-to-end business testing of these supporting systems and lead the implementation of the supporting systems.
- You will lead effective business partnering with internal and external customers (Treasury departments, Treasury Centers, Finance and Shared Services organizations) to ensure best practice foreign exchange solutions for the organization.
- You will report into the Senior Manager Exposure Management.
What do you need to succeed
- You have a Master’s degree in Economics (Master of Applied Economics, Commercial Engineer, MBA, …)
- You have 5+ years of working experience in the area of Treasury
- Fluency in English is required
- Must have the ability to interact with employees at all levels and possess excellent business writing and verbal communication skills.
- You are a great teammate and able to take leadership in a multifunctional team.
- Are a self-starter able to take initiatives and open for new challenges.
- Promotes an environment that keeps the continued focus on improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- You demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the Treasury processes.
- You are accurate and have strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail combined with a broad helicopter view.
- Take decisions with a global enterprise mentality.
- Promote the work environment that uses different perspectives, backgrounds and talent to generate innovative ideas or solutions, challenge status quo, leads and adapts to change
- Act as a role model for Credo based decisions.
- You are willing to travel occasionally
- We are open for international profiles as we are working in a diverse environment connecting with people all over the world.
What is in it for you
- An exciting and interesting career opportunity in one of the biggest, most innovative healthcare companies worldwide.
- Extensive long-term opportunities for personal and professional development. We take your career seriously.
- Opportunity to rotate across several Treasury/Finance departments.
- Connecting to other J&J organizations and networking on corporate events.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth in the finance world.
Apply now by forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV to one of the contacts below.
For more information, please contact Isabelle Maes or Tanja Bastens
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in Belgium are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!