Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health (JJCH) is currently recruiting a Consumer and Sensory Insights Scientist.
The Consumer and Sensory Insights Scientist works closely with Associate Manager, Consumer and Sensory Testing. The role is located in Skillman, New Jersey
At Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health, we’re here to change the world. We are a diverse group of leaders who think digital-first and push boundaries as much as we push ourselves. And, for other like-minded leaders out there looking to make their mark, we’ve got three words for you: change happens here.
We combine meaningful human insights and digital-first thinking to help people take better care of themselves and their loved ones. We believe in the power of new perspectives and insights to drive innovation. Our culture is diverse and inclusive – a place where being individually dynamic but collectively brilliant results in smarter solutions for all of the many communities we serve.
We are industry leaders, earning the #1 or #2 position in most of the categories in which we compete. Our iconic and beloved brand, including TYLENOL®, ZARBEE’S NATURALS®, NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO®, LISTERINE®, OGX® and JOHNSON’S®, are rooted in science and endorsed by professionals, helping more than 1.2 billion people live healthier lives every day, from their first day.
On November 12, 2021, Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions, and approvals. It is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, you will be an employee of an entity within the newly created Consumer Health company and your employment will be governed by that company’s employment processes, programs, policies, and benefit plans. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to you at an appropriate time and subject to any necessary consultation processes.
- Work closely with the Associate Manager of Consumer and Sensory Testing and the Consumer Science teams to guide and to provide strategic input into consumer and sensory research performed by the Consumer Experience Center at Johnson and Johnson Consumer Health
- Lead recruiting efforts for internal consumer research by maintaining and growing our internal consumer database
- Provide insight and support for current and future consumer testing platforms and technology
- Serve as subject matter expert on consumer and product research methods (qualitative and quantitative methods)
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to provide expertise and to operationalize quantitative and qualitative research studies
- Provides key insights into the design and programming of screeners and questionnaires
- Provide vendor oversight including gathering budget estimates and managing project milestones
- Create bids and/or proposals for studies
- Ensure all operational aspects of the human use studies, including study timelines, budgets and research objectives are met
- Identify new methodologies/ approaches/ advanced methods or improve current qualitative and/or quantitative approaches to improve effectiveness and efficiency in Consumer Science
- Ensure requirements for lab safety, audiovisual and IT systems are met and maintained
- Acts as the site audit lead ensuring compliance with all procedures
- A Bachelor's degree with at least 4+ years or Master’s degree with 1-2+ years or PhD degree with 0+ years of industry and/or relevant work experience in qualitative and quantitative research in Consumer & Sensory Science or Market Research
- Consumer Health experience, including skin health, baby, oral, wound and self-care is preferred
- Moderator experience is a plus
- Extensive technical skills in consumer insights and market research methodologies
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills (both oral and written) and be able to work effectively in cross functional teams
- Efficient, organized, and capable of prioritizing multiple tasks
- Willingness to adapt to changing priorities and business needs
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com (http://www.careers.jnj.com).