Cologno Monzese (Milano)- Italy
At Janssen we are inspired by the vision of transforming patients’ lives through science. The area of Oncology is a key strategic area for the company growth with a strong pipeline.
The Therapeutic Area Medical Manager is reporting to the Medical Affairs Director – Italy and is responsible for leading the medical strategy of the entire oncology portfolio. You will have a deep scientific/medical knowledge in oncology, as well as solid business acumen with a strong collaborative inter-functional approach at local and regional level.
- Lead the affiliate scientific-medical strategy and operation for the entire oncology portfolio in Italy.
- Structure and execute the Medical Affairs Plan for the oncology in collaboration with the Country Value Teams and the Medical Affairs network in the region, fully aligned with the company vision and strategy, and the overall company strategic framework.
- Design and Implement outcome-oriented local research activities contributing to the Real-World Evidence strategy and its execution from the trial planning to the publication of the study results.
- Collaborate with Regional Medical Affairs Function and R&D to facilitate the lean execution of international clinical trials increasing the Investigator satisfaction and supporting the accomplishment of the study objectives, ensuring compliance with ICH-GCP, applicable regulations, SOP’s, and company policies.
- Support unsolicited research originating from independent institutions or organizations (Investigator Sponsored Studies) establishing a transparent partnership with collaborative group, scientific societies, and research bodies to enrich the scientific and clinical knowledge in Immunology.
- Identify educational needs of the medical community and deliver a high-quality medical education plan in agreement with the local applicable regulation and guidelines.
- Drive a timely and highly qualified program of integrated data communication and medical insight collection.
- Cultivate and maintain trusting, transparent, and collaborative relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Structure the scientific documentation needed for Regulatory and Health Economics, Market Access, and Reimbursement purposes.
- Partner with the Patient Advocacy team to understand and fulfill patients’ needs and expectations.
- Grant a continuous, qualified, and tailored medical-scientific support to the business partners.
- Ensures internal consistency in the development and communication of medical information.
- Envision and set clear direction within the Medical Affairs function fostering a performance culture in which employees can perform to their highest potential and where career aspirations and capabilities are nurtured
- Grant the highest standards of quality, compliance and accountability fully aligned with the Company credo values.
Qualification: Degree in medical-scientific disciplines:
Experience and Skills
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Senior Medical Affairs role within a pharmaceutical company
- Significant experience of managing teams of professionals
- Extensive experience of the Italian oncology market, including extensive experience of the KOL’s as well as a deep understand of the competitive landscape
- Significant Medical and Scientific knowledge Immunology
- Fluent in English, besides Italian.
- Lead through vision and values
- Strategic decision making
- Business acumen
- Communication skills
- Build organizational talent