The Senior Manager, External Manufacturing Sourcing Sustainability will be responsible for developing & executing solutions for the J&J Consumer External Manufacturing category to implement our sustainability roadmap (including but not limited to Scope 3 emissions reduction, virgin plastic reduction, sustainable paper implementation and palm traceability), minimize risk and enhance J&J reputation through our vast network of suppliers. She/He will be relied upon as the Subject Matter Expert and lead reporting on various Sustainability topics, spending time partnering with, learning from and influencing external stakeholders, including NGO's, advocacy groups and industry partners.
Sr. Mgr. External Manufacturing Sourcing Sustainability (w/m/d)
- Lead the External Manufacturing Sourcing Sustainability Program, including development of annual targets, definition of roadmap and execution of associated workstreams. Advance External Manufacturing Sustainability goals
- Educate suppliers on J&J's expectations related to Compliance in the Sustainability space
- Act as primary point of contact for any query related to Sustainability of our externally manufactured products
- Lead reporting submission
- Partner with NGOs, suppliers, and solution providers to continuously improve J&J’s External Manufacturing sustainability strategy and roadmap
- Ensure continual and updated training of the Procurement organization and Supplier partners, support Source team maturity improvements on sustainability topics
- Partner with Sourcing Managers and global category leaders to ensure that sustainability agenda and roadmap are fully embedded in External Manufacturing category strategies and sourcing decisions
- Build strong engagement & alignment with key senior business leaders across Procurement, EHS&S, Supply Chain, Global Community Impact, Compliance & Risk, Audit, Legal, Government Affairs, HR, and Finance (as delivery of the programs and achieving targets and commitments will be done with cross-functional collaboration.)
- Manage exceptions and communicate to influence, deliver and advance business results
- Develop and share deep understanding and anticipate future developments in the area of Sustainability Compliance
- Benchmark with peers and industry groups to maintain knowledge & continually build expertise to ensure continued robustness, as well as advancement and evolution of strategy.
- Work closely across the Citizenship COE and with the Procurement organization.
- Lead and execute programs
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- 8 years business operations experience in either Procurement or Supply Chain is required.
- Previous experience in a Government Affairs, Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility or Risk Management with a previous relevant experience in Sustainability is appreciated.
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices, and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management, Category Management and Supplier Management) is required.
- This individual candidate must have strong business acumen and be customer oriented (building and maintaining trusted relationships with J&J leaders & colleagues) as well as have the ability to collaborate with and lead, diverse, cross-functional and regional teams, with or without direct authority.
- Exceptional Credo leadership and has passion about social and environmental improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to travel 10-20% globally
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence, etc.)
- Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain);
- Strong communication skills, ability to convey complex topics in a simple way
- Self starter with high integrity and ethical behavior. Strong proactivity, ability to shape and lead in an autonomous way
- Partnership, collaboration and teamwork skills
- Analytical Decision / Making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment and customer / supply base
- Cultural sensitivity – previous exposure to cultural diversity
- Fluent in English, writing, reading, speaking and listening
- Personal computer proficiency