Janssen Global Services, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s family of companies, is recruiting for a Director, Global Medical Affairs (GMA) Strategy and Execution to be located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Global Services is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Director, Global Medical Affairs Strategy and Execution supports the strategic objectives of the Immunology Global Medical Affairs function and the Immunology Global Medical Affairs Leaders. The Director will partner with the GMALs in one or more designated Therapeutic Areas/Products to manage the operational aspects of the Global Medical Affairs Function, including:
- Generation of a consolidated global medical affairs plan that meets prioritized regional needs
- Medical Affairs input into product development and life-cycle management
- Global Medical Affairs Team management
- Development and execution of the publication strategy/global publication plans
- Development and execution of globally funded medical strategies (i.e. advisory boards, medical education, external data landscapes, etc.)
- Development and execution of comprehensive scientific engagement strategies and congress plans (i.e. compliant scientific congress plans, scientific booth displays, pre/post congress meetings, onsite HCP meetings, etc.)
- Business Plan Development, Budget Oversight and Forecasting
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field is required; an advanced degree preferred
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a medical, clinical and/or scientific environment
- Project leadership skills and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict, influence teams, and to build relationships in meeting organizational objectives, without formal authority
- Ability to thrive in areas of ambiguity and influence change in a matrixed environment
- Proven experience in driving results in a highly complex and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to commit to approximately 20% domestic and international travel
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Ability to drive projects forward to completion while maintaining focus on the long-term strategy
- Experience managing publication vendors and/or other medical affairs vendors (e.g., advisory board, meeting planning)
- In-depth knowledge of study methodology, data analysis techniques, and critical review of publications
- Experience with HCP/investigator/site staff engagement
- Experience with compliant scientific meeting planning and congress booth development
- Experience acting as a liaison to information technology (IT), health care compliance and procurement
- Global mindset with proven track record to partner cross culturally and regionally
- Experience navigating license/acquisition partnerships and implementing process alignment
- Budget and vendor management experience
- Strong knowledge of healthcare compliance principles
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.