Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for the Head of US Supply Chain CAR-T based in Raritan, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With over $93 billion in 2021 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 130,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
Reporting to the VP Global Platform Leader, Advanced Therapies, this Executive provides leadership and direction to ensure our US CAR-T Janssen Supply Chain (JSC) meets business objectives and quality standards, as well as supports the collaborative agreement with our Manufacturing Partner (Legend). They develop and communicate key strategies and objectives for all assigned areas to address needs of the J&J and Legend Collaboration. Initiates changes in systems and processes, as necessary, to improve and enhance production capabilities. Acts as key management liaison with R&D, Quality, Commercial and Supply Chain leaders to determine overall business direction and needs. Develops KPIs and reviews performance against them to determine best strategy to address issues in Manufacturing or Technical areas. Approves and monitors financial indicators, budget and costs. Analyzes production and operating reports, provides strategic direction for operational, manufacturing and maintenance areas. Initiates benchmark studies and analyses to identify best practices and business development opportunities. Integrates recommendations into current and future strategies.
The Head of US CAR-T is responsible for:
- Driving alignment and endorsement of senior key stakeholders (VP level) such as the US commercial organization, R&D, regulatory, quality, Med Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, etc. Because of the strategic importance of this new product line, as well the proximity with R&D and Commercial and its direct impact on our commercial results, this is key
- the US CAR T manufacturing operations (clinical and commercial), in partnership with Legend
- Expansion of the site for the next phase
- Driving alignment and coordination with our onsite external business partner, Legend,
- Defines and owns an agile and flexible cell therapy technology platform that ensures commercial manufacturing readiness for emerging, highly advanced and novel technologies at internal sites
- Key member of the Advanced Therapies Leadership and leads an expanding organization through a matrix management model of direct and indirect reports
- Ensures early engagement with R&D, Technical Operations and Regulatory Affairs to shape long term manufacturing strategy, innovation strategy, and next gen process development of the cell therapy platform
Develops and drives relationships with Key Stakeholders and our onsite External Partner, Legend
-Partners with US commercial teams for supply strategy, go-to market models and capabilities to deliver a best-in-class customer / patient experience
-Partners with Drug Product Drug Substance (DPDS) for manufacturing strategy and new development platforms
-Drives effective partnerships within JJSC (including Quality and Tech Ops) to create a focus on E2E approach, improvement, standardization and efficiency, quality, and customer service
-Partners with Legend to drive alignment and streamline our performance towards the patient
Leads the US CAR-T Operations (in partnership with Legend)
-Develops and deploys technology standards, fit for purpose business processes for autologous therapies in close collaboration with development and commercial partners
-Leads and develops clinical and commercial manufacturing operations
-Provides leadership for Life-Cycle Management and long-term organizational strategy
Manages talent development and capability growth for the future
-Builds diverse leadership capability and talent pipeline for the short term and future to support leadership and business challenges. Holds leaders accountable for talent development
-Provides leadership and development for leaders and emerging talent.
-Drives a Credo based culture of innovation, engagement and development (Culture and coaching and development)
-Drives a performance culture
Accountable for expansion of the Raritan site from current 4 starts / day to 28 starts /day
Owns and sponsors initiatives and projects related to the implementation of new capabilities and capacity
Serves as a member of the Advanced Therapies Supply Chain Leadership Team (SC LT) to lead the org ensuring development and effective execution of the strategy, development of talent etc.
Represents Advanced Therapies Platform on external speaking engagements in North-America (conferences, networking events, etc.)
- Advanced Therapies Supply Chain Leadership Team,
- The US commercial organization
- Global Commercial Strategic Operations
- R&D leaders (DPDS)
- Internal and External JSC Quality & Compliance Leadership
- Regulatory Affairs
- Medical Affairs
- Technical Operations
- Legend Biotech leaders
- Executive Leadership of third-party collaboration partners (CMO’s)
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Advanced degree is required, preferably in a scientific field (biochemistry, biology, chemistry, engineering)
- A minimum of 15 years of progressive business experience in the pharmaceutical supply chain environment is required
- Experience in cell and gene therapy or biologics manufacturing is required
- Diverse business and operational background in cell therapy, including manufacturing, integrated planning, product innovation and/or customer dimensions is preferred. R&D experience is an asset
- Extensive comprehension of E2E supply chain business requirements
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), ISO, FDA
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead the execution of strategy
- Solid experience across the end-to-end processes and program management
- Demonstrated success at developing highly collaborative and effective relationships across a matrix organization and across functions
- Demonstrated ability to influence and to network
- Most recent experience should include senior level management overseeing multiple/complex sites/operations
- Proven experience in demonstrating strong financial acumen with respect to project evaluation and providing recommendations
- Strong leadership skills, and the ability to operate as a global leader with understanding and appreciation for regional differences i
- Ability to manage diverse relationships
- Must be able to work effectively at all levels in an organization, coach all levels, demonstrate patience and know when to push / challenge
- Team leader: motivates team to deliver, builds cohesion, ensures resilience and positivity under pressure
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges is required
- Minimum 10 years of people management experience and strong coaching / mentoring skills
- Ability to travel 10%, including domestic and international travel, is required