Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Medical Science Liaison - CVM.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is responsible for providing fair balanced, objective, scientific information and education to health care professionals and to internal partners as required by scientific and business needs. The MSL acts as an established scientific and clinical knowledge lead on current and future Janssen Cardiovascular and Metabolism (CVM) products. The MSL is responsible for staying abreast of current scientific and treatment landscape trends in therapeutic areas of interest. The MSL provides research support for company and investigator initiated research.
The MSL is responsible for building external relationships with the health care provider team (MD, PA, NP, RN, Pharm.D.) and developing and managing a geographical territory. These relationships and engagements will include both virtual & in person.
The MSL is responsible for developing and maintaining a territory strategic plan, which includes clinical activities with identified OLs, institutions, community practices, pathways influencers and advocacy organizations.
The MSL role is one that requires a level of competency and experience in the disease state, as an MSL. The MSL is expected to posses foundational competencies in the areas of Influence & Results Focused, Communication, Stakeholder Engagement, Product & Therapeutic Area Knowledge, and Data Insights & Dissemination.
The MSL rapidly identifies and compliantly collaborates with field-based partners to ensure support of the Healthcare Providers which will positively impact the patients that they care for with little direction from leadership.
The MSL will continue to enhance their skills in agility, applying the competencies of Change Management, Time Management and Innovation.
The MSL is responsible for conducting all activities in accordance with current regulatory and health care compliance guidelines.
This is a field based clinical position which required travel, primarily throughout assigned geography, with infrequent meeting travel outside of assigned geography. Travel for this role is estimated at 60%.
Consistently demonstrate strategic territory planning and ability to build strong relationships within the territory:
- Builds community and academic opinion leader partnerships through establishing relationships and conducts scientific exchange with community and institutional HCPs
- Respond to unsolicited scientific inquiries of HCPs/investigators/health care systems/academic medical centers and population health decision makers integrating scientific data including real world evidence into real life practice to meet customer needs
- Presents data and information in a manner appropriate to the audience and request.
- Execute plans regarding reactive and proactive outreaches as approved via the legal/HCC exceptions process
- Integrates scientific data into real life practice to meet customer/audience needs, adapting interpersonal style to particular situations and people.
- Anticipates the responses of various individuals and teams based on their vantage point and perspective.
- Executes Research Initiatives with little direction or guidance from leadership:
- Leverages knowledge of standards of care and Janssen company/investigator sponsored clinical trials and competitor landscape to facilitate external-internal research communication
- Engages with external investigators regarding unsolicited research inquiries and act as liaison to R&D, Medical Affairs and operations teams
- Provides clinical trial support to identify potential sites, resolve issues with enrolled sites, and participate in meetings as appropriate, including site initiation visits and investigator launch meetings
Effectively leads at least one scientific or strategic Cardiovascular and Metabolism (CVM) project, exhibits strategic identification of educational gaps and elevates team acumen.
Consistently demonstrates strong scientific acumen :
- Actively participate in journal club through scientific dialogue, demonstrate understanding of current standard of care, and regularly share scientific news with team members
- Attends and provides leadership at scientific conferences to gather and understand new scientific information relevant to the company and the external scientific community
- Medical insights: Actively listens for, documents, and shares medical insights. Proactively synthesize data and medical insights for MSL team and other partners
- Sets aside time for self-driven learnings on current scientific landscape
Continuously support Department Operations and Internal Partners:
- Performs all administrative requirements in a timely, accurate and compliant manner (e.g., expense reports, documentation of activities)
- Provide regional and local support to enhance sales training initiatives and improve competencies of field personnel in partnership with Sales Learning and Development
- Communicates and collaborates with all field-based partners, RWV&E, and other CVM MSL teams on a routine basis.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding and competence in the following areas (regulatory and health care compliance guidelines; corporate policies on appropriate business conduct and ethical behavior; MAF SOPs and guidelines)
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- A Doctorate level degree or equivalent experience is required (PharmD, PhD, MD, MSN)
- Post graduate experience is required for Doctoral level candidates, with preference for CVM clinical experience
- 1-3 years of previous industry experience, preferably in MSL role, is strongly preferred.
- Scientific Acumen: In-depth scientific and/or therapeutic knowledge and experience in the CVM therapeutic area required
- Experience working in CVM strongly desired
- Some research and health care system knowledge is required
- Residency/fellowship preferred.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- This role will support a specific territory and will require up to 70% travel.