The Co-Op position will be responsible for early-late development of therapeutic proteins within Drug Product Development and Devices Team. The co-op will have the opportunity to learn and apply skills related to drug product development including:
- Early-stage formulation development through leading and designing high-throughput studies for buffer, pH, cryoprotectant, and surfactant screening to identify optimal formulation for biotherapeutics (e.g. mAbs, fusion proteins, multispecifics, etc)
- Product and process development focused on defining the parameters of the manufacturing process (technology transfer).
- Making data driven decisions through the design of experiments and the application of statistical tools.
This role is focused on delivering the current drug product portfolio as well as researching and implementing new technologies to improve the lives of our patients. Responsibilities for the Co-Op include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design and execute studies for formulation development, viscosity reduction, buffer screening, lyophilization, and others as needed.
- Design and execute studies to evaluate drug product impact from manufacturing equipment and combination products.
- Execute technology transfer deliverables for manufacturing sites producing drug products intended for clinical use.
- Aggregate, visualize, and analyze large data sets to support the modeling and machine learning/AI initiatives.
- Perform literature searches to investigate new technologies and to provide supporting data for existing projects.
- Author technical reports and present data to peers and functional management.
- Follow general laboratory safety procedures, as related to biologically derived materials.
- Maintain up-to-date lab notebook documentation
We are looking for students who can work well in a team, self-motivated, and looking for a career in the pharmaceutical industry. While the Co-Op will benefit from learning technologies and methods that are applicable to drug product development, the Co-Op will be a valuable asset by providing laboratory support and intellectual input while working with a senior level scientist.
Additional requirements and/or preferred qualifications include:
- Working toward a B.S. or M.S. degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, biophysics or a related field is preferred.
- Wet lab experience with analytical or biophysical techniques preferred.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.