DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Staff Source Quality Engineer to support our Strategic Collaborator (SC) partnership.
This position will be located onsite in our SC location in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Reporting to the DePuy Synthes Source Quality Director, the Staff Source Quality Engineer has primary responsibility to partner with the SC on New production introduction and process improvement programs for DePuy Synthes Joint Recon Business.
The Source Quality Engineer will:
• Lead a Continuous improvement and Process Excellence program partnering with the Strategic Collaborator and J&J SC oversight model.
• Provide Quality Engineering support to SC including inspection technique support, product non-conformances, verification/validation activities, CAPA and change management.
• Ensure effective and timely investigation and closure of all CAPA’s, Supplier Non Conformances, complaints, product issues.
• Partner with Business R&D and Design Quality to ensure new product sourcing and supplier controls are implemented in line with business and J&J requirements
• Supports third party assessments at both DePuy Synthes and Strategic Collaborator.
• Provide Quality Leadership in support of supplier and External Manufacturing Outsourcing programs and product transfers to Strategic Collaborator
• Partner with site Management teams to meet site Supply chain quality related objectives
• Provide SQ input to and attend SC business reviews as required
• Actively drive all defined SC Manufacturing Quality Systems goals and objectives.
• Participate in design evaluations where appropriate
• Resolve problems & eliminate constraints to ensure project and supply targets are met.
• Generate Quality metrics on SC performance and establish measures to monitor quality
• Maintain detailed and accurate records of all activities
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering/scientific or associated relevant technical / engineering discipline is required.
• An Advanced degree in engineering/scientific or discipline is preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years progressive quality, engineering or operations experience in a regulated industry is required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of business impact of compliance issues and risk management is required.
• Previous work experience with Suppliers is preferred.
• Experience in project management, problem solving and technical projects is required.
• Experience with 3D printing is preferred
• This individual is required to possess high performing skills in negotiating and influencing decision makers, decision making skills, communication skills, judgement, discretion, and leadership skills.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.