Johnson & Johnson Vision, Inc is recruiting for Sr. Engineer - IMM Process in Jacksonville, FL
The Senior Engineer performs a variety of plastic injection molding process and mechanical assignments utilizing both process and mechanical engineering fundamentals. Works at an advanced technical expertise level involving planning, development and design of equipment, processes or facilities. Responsible for developing optical molding processes and cell equipment to facilitate high quality products and reliability.
Takes a leading position in activities involved with sub-contractors/vendors from beginning of design process through installation and start-up processes. Acts as advocate for continuous improvement of technology and processes.
Adheres to environmental policy and procedures and supports department environmental objectives.
- Plans, conducts and directs injection molding/equipment assignments for production support in areas of process capability, uptime, cycle time and yield.
- Manages multiple projects across various disciplines. Participates in troubleshooting and resolving equipment, systems, and process problems to prevent the occurrence of product nonconformity.
- Prepares equipment, process, safety and materials specifications and conducts technical analysis of vendor proposals.
- Qualifies new equipment and performs vendor and site acceptance testing to meet project objectives.
- Provides training to Operations engineers and technicians to operate, troubleshoot and maintain new equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Plastic Engineering (focus on Injection Molding), Advanced Degree in Engineering preferred
- 4-7+ years engineering experience in injection molding process/equipment development, project management, construction, installation and qualification
- Preferred experience working in FDA environment
- Thorough knowledge and complete understanding and application of principles, concepts and practices of manufacturing engineering
- Thorough knowledge of plastic processing & molding technology
- Thorough knowledge of government regulatory requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Excellent organizational skills required
- 10% travel (domestic/international)
- 2D & 3D CAD software experience
- RJG Master Molder I Certification
At Johnson & Johnson Vision , we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good, and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.