Abiomed, a leading medical technology company specializing in advanced heart recovery and support systems, is seeking a skilled and motivated Process Systems Engineer I to join our dynamic team in Danvers, MA.
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed's "Patients First!" culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
The Process Systems Engineer I role is part of the Abiomed global manufacturing team. As Process Systems Engineer you are the expert for best practices and business process development around IT-systems used to manufacture Abiomed products. In this dynamic role you will be exposed to the entire manufacturing process. You build the bridge between the shop floor, production management, production engineering and IT. In this position you play a significant role in transforming Abiomed's manufacturing lines from paper based to computer based documentation and controls. Your experience and grasp spans from basic engineering across business process management towards IT and programming skills. You love connecting the dots, are a problem solver and a great team player. You will be part of a highly motivated team, eager to learn, develop and optimize the future.
- Work on cross-functional project teams related to process improvements.
- Translate manufacturing needs into business requirements.
- Support the shop floor for issues related to manufacturing applications.
- Work with internal and external resources to resolve the issues.
- Lead and/or participate in change projects to add new functionality or increase efficiency of processes.
- Work with your internal customers to test new developments and make iterative changes to the solutions together with IT.
- Create test scripts and coordinate test runs.
- Roll out user trainings to your internal customers and manage the change.
- Maintain accurate documentation of processes and best practices to enable efficient operations
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or Engineering required.
- 1+ years' experience in similar role
- Experience in programming and/or MES configuration desired
- Strong hands-on aptitude is preferred
- SAP User experience desired
- Experience/understanding of manufacturing processes desired
- Medical and lean/Six sigma experience is a plus
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.