Abiomed is a pioneer and global leader in healthcare technology and innovation, with a mission of Recovering Hearts & Saving Lives . With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, and offices in Baltimore, MD, Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed’s 1,700 employees form one of the fastest growing medical device companies in the world. We attract and retain exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
Commercial Marketing Manager- Americas
We are seeking extraordinary talent to join our world-class medical device commercial marketing organization, dedicated to empowering our field teams and healthcare providers to profoundly impact patients' lives. With an unwavering commitment to excellence and a deep understanding of customer and field insights, we are at the forefront of shaping the future of cardiovascular care.
As the Commercial Marketing Manager, you will be instrumental in crafting and executing cutting-edge commercial marketing strategies for Abiomed therapies and products throughout the Americas Region. You will spearhead US downstream marketing initiatives, encompassing product launches, campaigns, events, and trade shows while forging robust partnerships with clinical marketing, global upstream marketing and sales teams. Your collaborative and innovative efforts will propel the successful penetration of Abiomed's therapies, enabling the field commercial organization to thrive and deliver unparalleled patient outcomes.
- Oversee regional marketing strategy, planning, and execution, while being accountable for indication/therapy results.
- Launch Abiomed's new products and indications to the Americas region.
- Identify barriers and opportunities for therapy adoption, and effectively address them through marketing programs (e.g. customer-facing tools, talk tracks, internal playbooks, etc) designed to overcome referral pathway obstacles and promote heart recovery initiatives.
- Introduce key messages, clinical evidence, and best practices to the field commercial organization.
- Generate engagement opportunities for the field to help them be present, relevant, and build consensus within their healthcare provider customers.
- Execute field communication and training strategies
- Showcase new products and messaging across various marketing channels, including advertisements, tradeshows, and digital channels (web, social media, etc)
- Execute HCP advertising strategy.
- Build a deep understanding of target markets, including technology and healthcare trends, competitive dynamics, unmet needs, and regional factors.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current literature, emerging science, technological developments, and trends related to relevant therapies and competitive products.
- Establish performance metrics and KPIs to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and initiatives, making data-driven recommendations for optimization.
- Foster strong relationships with key opinion leaders, industry partners, and customers to enhance Abiomed's brand reputation and market presence.
- Minimum of 5 years marketing experience, ideally in the medical device market, with a strong business acumen.
- Bachelor's degree required; postgraduate degree preferred.
- Marketing experience in the cardiology space is a plus.
- Embody Abiomed's Patients First culture, demonstrating a positive attitude, open communication, and collaboration.
- Innovative thinker, embracing new ideas, processes, and technologies.
- Ability to simplify complex stories and create practical solutions.
- Proven track record of leveraging analytics, customer insights, and field feedback to develop and execute strategies and plans.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, managing multiple tasks effectively through prioritization and meeting tight deadlines.
- Commitment to achieving goals and driving results. Demonstrated ability to conceive, develop and implement strategies, convert these into tactical marketing plans and deliver results.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills for a wide variety of audiences, including sales & marketing leadership and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategies, translating them into tactical marketing plans.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills, able to connect with various audiences, including sales, marketing leadership, and customers.
- Domestic and international travel up to 25%.
As a Commercial Marketing Manager at Abiomed, you will play a critical role in shaping the future of our Americas-focused marketing efforts, driving growth and adoption of our life-changing therapies. If you are a strategic, results-oriented professional with a passion for marketing and a commitment to making a difference, we invite you to apply.
At Abiomed we reward results in competitive ways! This includes a rewarding patient first career, health and wellness benefits, paid time off, and 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match. The base salary range for this role is [[salaryMin]] - [[salaryMax]] . This role is also eligible for a competitive bonus that is based off employee’s performance and can be accelerated based off results.
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.