- Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category or sub-categories of spend that will effectively meet the long range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J
- Interface directly with CEO’s and other supplier leadership to assure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Understands operational considerations. Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Business Engagement Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
- Lead and execute all the steps according to J&J Sourcing and Spend Management Strategy for Capital Construction projects (RFI, RFP, Bid, Negotiation & Contracts, Cash Flow compliance) in alignment across the region and ensuring global maximum leverage
- Ensure and deliver compliance with regional/country Legal regulation on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments. Ensuring compliance with J&J Financial policies (Advance payment, Cash Flow compliance, Single Source, etc.)
- Build and maintain relationships throughout JNJ that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurements goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics
- Coordinate regionally a group of PMs for the execution of all the procurement steps in Capital Construction projects
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
- Participate in regional portfolio capital projects reviews
- Proposes and provides input to purchasing policies, procedures and performance standards.
- Escalate and manage issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization
- Manage issues and actions taken on escalated problems for management. Executes on resolutions.
- Reviews reports on key market trends and pricing
- Approves supplier selection and handles negotiation of contracts for key initiatives.
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management).
- Strong leadership, communication, influencing, collaboration skills are required
- Able to prioritize requests and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary.
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues during escalation
- Customer Orientation (building and maintaining strong relationships with J&J senior Management
- Ability to show strategic thinking
- Strong project management skills
- Strong Business Acumen
- Demonstrated track record of successful influencing, partnering and working with stakeholders and business partners
- Strong commitment and sense of urgency
Demonstrated Credo mind-set and behavior