Robotics and Digital Solutions, is part of Johnson & Johnson Med Tech. At Johnson & Johnson Robotics and Digital Solutions, we’re changing the trajectory of health for humanity, using robotics to enhance healthcare providers’ abilities and improve patients’ diagnoses, treatments, and recovery times. Johnson & Johnson Robotics was established in 2020 with the integration of Auris Health, Verb Surgical, C-SATS, and Ethicon. It comprises three key med-tech platforms: Flexible Robotics (MONARCH®), Surgical Robotics (OTTAVA™), and Digital Solutions. Join our collaborative, rapidly growing teams in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City and Santa Clara), Cincinnati, and Seattle. You’ll collaborate on breakthrough medical technologies that unite multiple subject areas to build a connected digital ecosystem that advances medical professionals’ skills and improves patient outcomes.
In this role as Senior Manager, R&D Operations, you will lead a small team in operational, functional and personnel activities to achieve our purchasing, contracting and functional objectives. You will propose policies, procedures and create performance standards. You will, at times, conduct internal audits and implement remedies to achieve conformance with our global compliance and quality specifications. Additionally, you provide input to program objectives and connect with leadership on progress, opportunities, and risk. This role improves R&D processes and develops solutions that streamline and standardize work methods for our development teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong collaboration and communication with our internal and external organizations and functions, bridging processes, approaches, and cultures.
- Partner with R&D leadership to operationalize growth strategies, operational needs, and priorities.
- Provide direct communication to leaders on progress, opportunities & issues.
- Identify, establish and maintain preferred partnerships with key vendors to enable speed and efficiency in business processes, supporting project teams and leadership
- Negotiate critical contracts and partnerships for OTTAVA RND in support of critical timelines and project milestones as requested by senior leadership
- Obtain resources from functional organizations, support groups & outside sources to ensure organizational success
- Develop and improve operational processes and lead the organization through implementation of these operational processes
- Provide constructive feedback & coaching to team members & support personnel
- Champion teamwork, diversity, and inclusion within team, between teams & other groups.
- Provide career development guidance to direct reports.
- Provide individual performance appraisals & compensation adjustment recommendations to management.
- Supervise direct reports, establish & assign roles & responsibilities.
Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned
- University/Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- 8-10+ years of work experience in R&D operation or supply chain or procurement or program management
- 2-3 years of people leadership experience
- Experience in internal and external stakeholder relationship management
- Navigating complex business scenarios to drive intended business and vendor outcomes
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (Domestic)
- Experience in Medical device or other regulated industry
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The anticipated base salary pay range for this position in the Bay Area, CA is $166,000 to $267,145.
The anticipated base salary pay range for this position in Cincinnati, OH is $135,000 to $232,300.