DePuy Synthes is a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Software Engineering Manager in Warsaw, IN or West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes , part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Software Engineering Manager - TruMatch CMF will play a meaningful role in leading both an internal software development team and external software development partners, particularly in the context of recent and future acquisitions. This position is key in ensuring seamless integration of these teams into Johnson & Johnson's organizational structure, encouraging innovation in personalized medical solutions.
- Lead and provide guidance to both an internal development team and external software development partners, particularly in the context of post-acquisition integration, remediation, as well as ongoing product development.
- Collaborate closely with the Site Leader of the acquired company to ensure integration and alignment with Johnson & Johnson's standards and goals.
- Manage the software integration process of the acquired development teams into DePuy Synthes to ensure smooth transitions and alignment with company culture and goals.
- Lead all aspects of the software development roadmaps of both internal and external teams in collaboration with hardware development teams, ensuring achievements are met on schedule and align with organizational objectives.
- Act as a crucial liaison between the acquired company and DePuy Synthes, facilitating effective communication and integration strategies.
- Drive innovation in the development of personalized trauma and reconstruction SaMD products, maintaining high standards of quality and compliance in a regulated medical environment.
- Mentor and develop team members, encouraging a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, or related field. Advanced degrees are preferred.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in software development team management, with a focus on integrating diverse teams and/or technologies.
- 5+ years of experience in software development, preferably in healthcare applications.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in managing cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Ability to identify, formulate, and address engineering problems despite imperfect information and resource constraints
- In-depth understanding of software development in a regulated environment, with knowledge of medical device regulatory standards.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience developing highly sophisticated software systems
- Experience developing sophisticated Python applications and interfaces
- Experience developing complex C++ applications
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in a medical device or other regulated environment
- Experience in supervising software development projects in the context of company acquisitions/integrations
- Familiarity with personalized medical solutions and patient-specific applications.
- Understand methodologies for building Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) technologies under Design Control procedures
- Proven ability to facilitate effective collaboration between acquired entities and acquiring organizations
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
· This position can be based in Warsaw, IN or West Chester, PA and requires up to 15% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .