Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Tax Analyst (STA) as part of its US Tax Center (US CTC). This position is within the State Tax Planning, Policy & Audits group. The candidates work location will be in Titusville, NJ or New Brunswick NJ and the position will incorporate the J&J Flex Hybrid Work Model and may require up to 10% domestic travel.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $94.9 billion in 2022 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 130,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Senior Tax Analyst role is focused on state income and franchise tax accounting and closely works with neighboring tax groups to ensure consistent compliance is achieved.
Major Duties & Responsibilities (with approximate % of time):
- Audits (70%)
- Understand business models and nexus footprint of assigned sector or businesses
- Lead multiple state income & franchise tax audits for both separate and unitary states
- Work constructively with auditors to try to resolve issues in a timely manner through appropriate methods of dispute resolution
- Respond to audit inquiries by gathering and validating data, researching applicable tax law & case support and composing responses
- Quantify, document and report state tax reserve needs
- Collaborate with the tax compliance group to ensure audit outcomes and planning strategies are implemented into current tax filings and are supportable on future audits
- Planning/Policy (30%)
- Understand, quantify, and communicate the state tax implications of proposed business and/or tax law changes
- Seek to be a valued partner to governments and advocate for tax legislation that provides clarity and encourages innovation and growth
- Help to drive efficiencies through standardization & use of technology to streamline processes and ensure consistency
- Assist with ad-hoc requests, including planning models and analysis
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required.
- CPA, CMA, JD, MBA or Masters in Tax is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of prior work experience in tax is required.
- State Tax compliance and audit experience is preferred.
- Large multi-state corporation tax experience preferred.
- Strong research, writing and analytical skills is required.
- Proactive individual with strong leadership, influencing and collaboration skills with ability to partner at all levels
- Ability to effectively communicate technical matters in clear simple language to business partners
- Ability to learn and share new technology tools and documentation standards
- This position will be located in Titusville, NJ or New Brunswick, NJ and will incorporate the J&J Flex Hybrid Work Model, requiring 3 days on site, with 2 days’ work from home.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $73,000 - $117,300.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
At J&J, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. That’s why for more than 135 years, we have aimed to keep people well at every age and every stage of life. Today, as the world’s largest, most broadly-based health care company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere. We are blending our heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly impact health for humanity. For more information about Johnson & Johnson, visit us at www.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.