Janssen Research & Development LLC (JRD), a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for an Associate Director to join the J&J Research and Development Data Science and Digital Health team. You will report to the Senior Director of Data Sciences, Solid Tumor – Oncology.
The primary location for this position is flexible – either; New Brunswick, NJ; Titusville, NJ; Raritan, NJ; San Diego, CA ; South San Francisco, CA, Boston, MA; remote will also be considered. This position may require up to 10% travel.
Who we Are: Janssen develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and Development areas encompass Oncology, Cardiovascular and Metabolic disorders, Immunology, Neuroscience, and Infectious diseases. Our ultimate goal is to help people live longer, healthier lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals. To learn more about Janssen, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com. You will:
Key Responsibilities :
- Serve a bifunctional role as a Data Science translator and a Clinical Leader/ Data Science liaison to the Oncology Therapeutic Area
- Lead Oncology Data Sciences projects aligned to Compound Development Team(s) including Apalutamide and other GU assets. This includes serving as the Data Science line function leader developing Data Sciences solutions for key clinical program(s), coordinating internal resources, collaborating with external partners, and working with matrixed R&D Data Science team to deliver solutions.
- Conceive, develop and implement end-to-end study design and data analytical solutions (e.g., identification of at risk patient populations through development of novel predictive algorithms)
- Work closely with individual clinical project teams as well as functional area partners in Regulatory Affairs, Market Access, Clinical Development, Epidemiology, Commercial Data Science, Statistics, and others.
- Consult to, collaborate on and, in some cases, own end-to-end execution of high-impact portfolio-level initiatives (e.g., development and oversight of novel patient recruitment strategy, development of RWE methods)
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships across J&J
- Support day-to-day goals of the Oncology R&D Data Science team by providing clinical consultation (e.g., review of study inclusion/exclusion criteria, cohort specifications)
- Possibility for direct accountability to Oncology R&D Clinical Development, serving as SRP on Janssen late phase clinical trials, as well as other associated clinical responsibilities
- MD with clinical experience (e.g., residency), Ph.D., or Masters in Medicine, Biotechnology, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Mathematics, Computational Chemistry, Computational Biology, Biology or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in drug development or related discipline in the field of biotechnology or real-world evidence
- Working knowledge of clinical oncology, such as treatment paradigms, patient experience, clinical trials
- Familiarity with healthcare relevant datasets, such as EHR, insurance claims or registry data.
- Prior experience working and driving external partnerships, either corporate or academic
- Consistent track record of managing timelines and driving key results in a complex organization
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills
- Hematology/ Oncology fellowship training
- R&D Experience at a pharmaceutical company, biotech or partner organization
- A non-technical understanding of common data science research practices, such as predictive technologies, data mining and/or text mining
- Hands-on experience with a range of data science use cases in R&D (e.g., ECAs, site selection algorithms) and strong problem-solving abilities
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Expected Base Salary : $135,000 - $232,300
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.