Therapy Specialist - Oncology – Janssen UK
Location: Field Based – Regional Location: South East
Janssen is recruiting Therapy Specialists, to be based within our UK Operating Company within a field-based role.
Working for Janssen
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we here in the UK are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued, and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
To clinically promote J&J Cancer Therapy medicines across prioritised Integrated Care Systems and Cancer Alliance footprints ensuring optimised appropriate patient access.
Your primary role as a Therapy Specialist will be to lead the business plan for implementation within NHS Trusts and other defined local accounts as agreed with Business Leaders. In Hospital Trusts and other agreed system customers you will deliver specific tactics to support appropriate local uptake of medicines in agreement with your Strategic Access Manager (SAM) and National Sales Manager (NSM).
You will also clinically promote J&J Cancer medicines in wider parts of Integrated Care System to ensure patient uptake of and access to J&J Medicines is optimised. Other ICS system stakeholders could include Primary Care Network (PCN) Cancer customers and/or Cancer Locality Groups dependent on the Strategic Account Plan agreed with your SAM/NSM.
A detailed and in-depth understanding of NHS Trust health priorities, local NHS Trust Pathways and inter-connectivity of the patient journey to other system pathways will be a core requirement to inform effective business planning & customer engagement.
As a Therapy Specialist, you will be responsible for:
Clinical Promotion & Scientific Knowledge (Licensed Indications ONLY)
· Drive clinical demand for brands & defined indications as a priority through execution of brand strategy & key tactics in-field.
· Confident and capable to deliver assertive, and balanced clinical arguments to positively challenge behaviours/status quo to influence clinicians to drive prescribing behavioural change. An expert in their scientific selling.
· Within Strategic Account Plans, lead sales tactics to deliver the plan, complementing the wider cross functional team approach to accelerate uptake & pull through of prescriptions & initiatives.
· In assigned NHS Trusts, drive clinical uptake through a prioritised approach to ensure appropriate time and resource allocation.
· With assigned clinical stakeholders from wider parts of the Integrated Care System, drive clinical uptake/or clinical awareness of J&J medicines regarding pathway changes or patient access risks/opportunities.
· Deliver appropriate HCP training and education, whilst always operating & fully complying with all J&J codes of conduct & the ABPI Code of practice.
· Development of local prescribing advocates who are both willing to put thoughts into action, but also share their experiences to the wider prescribing community. Local/Regional/National.
· Maintains ‘expert’ level of therapy knowledge, product, competitor scientific & business knowledge.
· Confident to deliver necessary value service messaging on package deal specifications if appropriate.
· A self-starter who operates effectively in a matrix environment.
Business Plan Execution
· Work collaboratively with full cross functional team to leverage the total system value of the brand.
· Maximise short and long-term sales performance placing the patient into the centre of all efforts. Deliver
· against allocated sales targets & aspiration, brand KPIs, financial targets, marketing objectives, etc. to
· meet, or exceed objectives.
· Identify, develop & maintain disease state experts & speakers/advocates, maximize brand performance.
· Proactively & continuously aspire to serve customer needs, expectations & challenges.
· Rapidly build trusted & sustainable customer relationships to support overall strategic account plan goals.
· Develop & execute excellent customer call plans that achieve optimal activity & coverage/frequency levels with target customers to maximize access & sales opportunities.
· Delivery excellence in CRM management in terms of call reporting (iConnect), use of data/dashboard (Qliksense) insights to make clear & precise decisions to drive success.
· Proactively source market intelligence and insights, sharing this regularly with the brand teams to ensure we anticipate and lead the market.
· Demonstrate understanding of customer preference mapping, persona development for own target customers group & how best to leverage the total digital offering or customer communication channels.
· Sets high standards and expectations and always aims to improve.
· Sees their territory business as their own, demonstrating ownership, accountability.
· Willingness to learn new skills and evolve ways of working – open minded.
· Embraces challenges & change, seeing these an opportunity to GROW.
· Looks for what we can ‘compliantly’ achieve, not what we cannot.
Cross Functional Working
· Strives, for a ONE TEAM approach in terms of supporting Strategic Account Planning to engage the NHS at a ‘System Level’ for the benefit of Janssen brands.
· Working collaboratively with the key field functions of commercial sales, market access, service & solutions, plus medical to ensure all stakeholder come together achieving account plan goals.
· Demonstrate self-awareness, ability to identify own emotions, the reason for them & their impact on behaviour; ability to identify with other’s feelings & act in an appropriate way.
· Demonstrate self-awareness through sound EQ/IE skills.
· Explores customer challenges & needs: Explores barriers & pain points, 360 view.
· Demonstrates awareness of all function’s’ roles & contributions to the wider brand plan
Private Hospitals (Applicable when allocated ONLY)
· Stakeholder knowledge of insurers, private hosp. groups, NHS PPUs, private HCPs.
· Understand key issues in the private sector and work with Head of Private Sector to anticipate and plan for Impact on Janssen products by feeding back insights to key internal Janssen stakeholders.
· Consistent sales data review, ID trends & changes in ordering patterns are identified early.
· Hospital preparedness: i.e., provide support to private hospital D&T committee (or equivalent)
· Ensuring availability of treatment protocol/prescription within hospital e-prescribing system,
· Understanding of individual hospitals have capability to undertake level of care needed,
· & facilitating collaboration with other providers to develop this if required.
· Utilising internal networks to ensure access to education, ad hoc training to private sector.
· Delivery of a focussed approach across a network of established contacts as well as identification of new contacts, leads and opportunities.
· 15% of all field time is expected to be worked in the Private Hospital setting as a clinical pull through for commercial agreements. Overall Strategy Plan is held & led by the Head of Private Hospitals.
· Must be a confident user of digital platform (s)
· Thrives in a dynamic environment & operates with confidence in ambiguous situations.
· Listen to customers, understanding & acting on their needs, preferences, perceptions, explores their use of digital & leverages Janssens Omnichannel offering.
· Excellent communicator over the virtual platform through engaging & stimulating conversations. Able to engage; one-to-one and in group virtual calls as well as within] hybrid environments.
· Ensure virtual customer engagements consistently adopt brand marketing messages, content, and strategy to drive an integrated customer journey.
Successful completion of required training for all promoted products and training to qualify interaction with healthcare professionals (e.g., ABPI in the UK) within specified timeframe.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform crucial job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career, and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.