The Japan Health Care Compliance Director is a core member of the Japan MedTech (MT) HCC team, reporting directly to the MT Japan HCC Officer. The role is responsible for implementing and executing MT HCC programs, consistent with the J&J HCC program and business needs and standards in Japan, delivering business process improvement in the country, improving efficiency and effectiveness of the HCC programs, whilst supporting successful change management implementation. The role will be engaged in identifying new focus areas and contributing to the implementation of changes, working closely with global and regional HCC functions as well as Japan stakeholders to mitigate compliance risk and align with priority business areas.
· High level of integrity with good ethical core values
- Requires deep knowledge of HCC programs and anti-corruption laws and regulations.
- A creative thinker, able to understand and describe complex business processes, highly solution oriented, with a hands-on mentality, able to balance between local and global requirements, operating with a global, cross-sector mindset.
- Effective listener and communicator, being able to understand unique requirements, while fostering harmonization and alignment.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentation skills.
- Experience in leading projects in one or more compliance areas e.g., HCC, FCPA, Finance, Quality, Regulatory.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, critical projects simultaneously.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and communicate with both internal and external stakeholders.
· Highly self-motivated, strong agility and resilience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaboration with in-country HCC officers, across groups in MT Japan, to scope, design, initiate and implement operation projects.
- Leads and executes compliance program operation in Japan. Assists the MT Japan HCCO with the development of an effective project portfolio management structure, promoting necessary changes, process harmonization and leveraging experiences across region/globe.
- Shares best practice within HCC to develop and implement consistent controls in Japan, where necessary.
- Supports the development of harmonized standard processes applicable in Japan, where necessary.
- Represents Japan MT HCC on project teams to harmonize, standardize and streamline HCC processes and systems.
- Seeks opportunities for new solutions through innovative approaches, identified through internal and external network.
- Other duties may be assigned by MT Japan HCCO.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical and/or medical device industries; Supervisory experience required.
- Cross-functional and/or cross-sector experience preferred.
· Knowledge of the FCPA and related anti-corruption regulations