Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Service Center Repair Technician II, located in Cincinnati, OH .
The Service Center Repair Technician II's role is a service depot-based position, set in an office and production style work environment. This position handles and solves complaints, perform preventative maintenance, conducts verification testing on capital medical devices, and documents repair results into a service database.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years. From creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues, and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions, including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars, hemostats, and a commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
What You’ll Do :
- Test and repair Robotic Platforms at the system, subsystem, interface, and component levels
- Document test plans, results, conclusions, and traceability with product requirements and design
- Troubleshoot and repair devices
- Perform functional testing, output verification testing, preventative maintenance testing, electrical safety testing, or other testing described in test methods and procedures
- Perform flow rate and pressure testing
- Train other technicians in systems, processes, and technical tasks
- Identify trends with equipment performance
- Resolve complex, intermittent equipment problems with capital equipment
- Assist in validation & implementation of test & inspection equipment for service
- Assist in resolving work in process & product non-conforming issues
- Follow regulatory and quality standards in the testing of medical devices
- Follow all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area
- Maintain required documentation related to the testing process
- Maintain service records files in accordance with all policies & procedures
- Achieve cycle time service metrics
- Maintain loaner pool levels
- Communicate business related issues or opportunities to next management level
- Ensure personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Associate degree in Bio-medical or Electronics Technology. Or equivalent electro-mechanical work-related experience
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience and a basic knowledge of electrical components
- Experience repairing equipment and/or electronic devices
- Ability to perform problem solving tasks
- Ability to use basic hand tools, digital and flow rate meters, advanced test equipment and custom test fixtures
- Experience with software and software applications
- Ability to enter data into a spreadsheet and/or database application
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse workforce
- Work well with coworkers and other collaborating departments
- Ability to perform duties in accordance with policies and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Travel up to 10% domestically and internationally.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in the Medical Device industry, or working with medical equipment
- Knowledge of manufacturing practices and procedures, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Worked in highly regulated environments
- Ability to train technicians on product repair and testing
- Support experience in Robotics
- This position operates in a laboratory/assembly environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- May require lifting of up to 50 lbs. and operation of hoisting equipment for heavier loads
- May require prolonged periods of standing, bending, sitting, and kneeling during system assembly
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.