Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Manager, Americas Travel Procurement ! This position will be based in New Brunswick, NJ or Tampa, FL.
The Manager, Americas Travel Procurement will develop and implement the Travel category strategy in the Americas region, aligned with the Global strategy and meeting the different stakeholders needs. Identify and implement projects for business improvement, cost efficiency and added value to stakeholders, ensuring adherence to strategy, policy, and utilization of selected suppliers. Provide procurement support in both North and South America, along with market/ stakeholder insights to global team, lead and guide the country category buyers and connect with business stakeholders in the Americas region. Lead and collaborate in virtual cross functional and/or cross category projects as required by the stakeholders and/or the indirect procurement function.
Manage preferred suppliers and stakeholder relationships via supplier management programs, service level agreement monitoring, and business service reviews. Increase awareness and reinforce compliance to the Travel & Entertainment Policy to achieve cost savings and an efficient travel program. Strengthen the connection between regional and local procurement teams; build capacity towards category and supplier management expertise.
The Americas Travel Program contributes approximately $200 million in travel spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies, including subcategories such as airlines, hotels, ground transportation, and travel agencies. This spend is highly sophisticated in nature and requires close collaboration with senior business leaders and supplier leadership. This leader will develop, direct, and implement procurement strategy and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, service, and compliance.
The Manager, Americas Travel Procurement will also provide regional leadership across end-to-end category accountabilities for both the Air and Data Management categories including category strategy development, business partner engagement, sourcing, contracting, negotiating and supplier management.
Are you interested in joining a diverse and dynamic team that is helping improve patient care and drive innovation? Apply today!
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for categories of spend that enable long-range business outcomes and improve value for J&J partners
- Engage directly with J&J account management teams to assure J&J and supplier objectives are aligned and met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Acts as a business engagement leader, identifying business demand requirements and delivering annual value improvements and competitive advantage.
- Engage with business partners to ensure alignment by understanding their long-range requirements
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management, improvement of end-to-end value and innovation
- Identify, develop, and recommend the implementation of Procurements goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics
- Identify and raise risks that may impact business outcomes.
A Minimum of Bachelor’s or equivalent University degree is required; MBA/Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant professional experience
- Travel Procurement experience. (Subcategories Air or Hotel management is a plus)
- Proficient in core procurement areas of focus (e.g., Category Management, Business Engagement and Supplier Management)
- Strong Program leadership, vison-setting, communication, influencing, collaboration skills
- Able to prioritize requests and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives
- Ability to show judgment and creativity in developing when resolving issues
- Sophisticated relationship management abilities at the leadership level including customer orientation
- Strong ability to set strategy direction
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to present sophisticated information. Strong executive presence
- High level of credibility with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of partners (e.g., Business, Procurement, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain)
- Demonstrates courageous leadership and ability to influence
- High degree of business expertise and proven team-building and cross-functional leadership skills
- Global procurement experience
- Strong project and organizational change capabilities. Prior success as a change architect and implementing significant change
- May require up to 10% domestic and/or international travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.