At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
We are currently hiring for a Quality Engineering Data Science Co-Op for the Spring 2024 term as a part of Johnson & Johnson Medical Device companies located Cincinnati, OH. Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
As a Co-op in the MD Quality and Compliance (Q&C) Digital Solutions organization, you will have the chance to:
- Use state of the art tools and take advantage of training courses offered at J&J.
- Collaborate with teams internal and external to the advanced analytics to implement customer-centric solutions for data analytics and process improvements
- Perform software development and validation to support medical device quality system digital solutions.
- Learn and apply various software development and lifecycle management techniques.
- Promote digital culture and capabilities across J&J medical devices
- Strengthen communication and leadership skills.
- Work with a diverse team of data scientists, analytics app developers, quality engineers, etc.
- Meet with Quality management to discuss risks and opportunities for the respective projects.
The Digital Solutions Co-op:
- Will have the opportunity to work at and support Ethicon, Inc in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Will be assigned to a team in one of the various franchises of each respective company.
- Will work in MD Q&C Digital Solutions group.
- Will report directly to, and receive assignments from, MD Q&C Digital Solutions Advanced Analytics Manager, while also working with the broader team for additional assignments.
- Will participate in and/or lead on-campus activities such as learning committees, volunteer events, and meet and greet luncheons with full time associates.
Rotations are generally 3-5 months (based on common Spring, Summer, and Fall school semester terms) and availability for multiple rotations is desired. The Quality Engineering Co-op program provides each student with a great support system, as well as the opportunity to meet people from various schools throughout the country. If brought back for multiple rotations, responsibilities will increase with each rotation as experience is gained by returning to school. We offer a competitive wage and housing assistance for non-local students.
- Enrolled in an accredited College/University pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer/Software Engineering or a related field
- Sophomore or above with a graduation date after April 2024
- Familiarity with basic statistics concepts/terminology
- If not in an engineering application- other roles are acceptable (i.e. budget management from a club, or any experience working with numbers)
- Availability to work Full-time from early January – late April 2024
- Permanently authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and have strong oral and written communication skills
- Minimum G.P.A. of 3.0
- Demonstrated leadership/participation in campus programs and/or community service activities.
- Previous quality related experiences.
- Knowledge of FDA or regulatory guidance.
- Medical related experience (previous co-op at medical device company, working volunteering at a hospital, etc.).
- Programming (e.g. R, Python, etc.) and data analytics experience is strongly preferred. .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
#JNJResearchandDevelopment #JNJUndergraduate #JNJMasters #JNJCoop