Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Sr. Manager, Engineering and Design , within the Engineering and Property Services (E&PS) organization! Remote work in the US may be considered on a case-by-case basis. This position will require the candidate to be located on the east coast of the US within commutable distance of manufacturing site.
At Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. As the world’s largest and most broadly-based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere. Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
At E&PS, we take care of all J&J buildings around the world providing end to end services from Real Estate, Engineering & Strategic Project Delivery to Facilities Management. We have a profound influence on the entire J&J Enterprise, providing innovative workplaces where our employees can collaborate and grow, and delivering flexible site solutions which enable our business to best serve our important customers and patients.
Are you interested in joining a diverse team delivering outstanding results to our customers? Apply now for this exciting opportunity!
The Sr Manager, Engineering & Design is accountable for leading complex capital project related engineering and design activities in alignment with J&J business objectives and E&PS Project Delivery Practices with a strong focus on Advanced Therapies (Cell and Gene Therapy) and Bulk Biologics (monoclonal antibodies) including support (Media, Buffer, CIP) and clean utilities (Purified Water, Water for Injection). This role will also be accountable for providing technical direction, coordination, and alignment of process systems for complex projects in alignment with our Janssen/J&J Subject Matter Experts.
This role is responsible for defining, identifying, and securing appropriate tools, internal and external technical resources and coordinating the efforts of technical team members and third-party design firms or consultants to deliver the infrastructure aspects of projects according to plan. A suitable candidate for this role will have experience working with Advanced Therapy and Bulk Biologics Manufacturing facilities and systems. The candidate will need a strong background in design of these types of facilities.
- Prepare/Review Requests for Proposal (RFP) for Architect/Engineer (A/E) services and leads A/E interviews/selection and on-boarding process
- Provide support to develop our standard JNJ contract with AE Firms for engineering and design work
- Lead the overall engineering process including process and infrastructure design working closely with operating company engineering team and J&J SMEs.
- Work with the E&D Director, Project Dir./Project Mgr. to drive the performance (cost, schedule, quality) of A/E firm and define correction action plans if necessary.
- Establish plans for personal talent development, diversification, and professional development
- Assure use of the Value Improving Practices (VIPs) Value Engineering and Constructability Reviews
- Assure the appropriate J&J standards, guidelines, and regulatory requirements (cGXP, EHS, …) are incorporated
- Coordinate/lead key design reviews with SMEs including other corporate or affiliate resources such as EHSS, Risk Management, WW Security, etc.
- Assure that the J&J Standard Design Platforms are deployed on all projects. Setup project specific training for SMEs.
- Assure projects meet the J&J Sustainability policy and drive the certification process.
- Review AE progress and identify action plans where required to get back on track. Implement Earned Value tracking on larger projects. Ensure AE issues timely Monthly Reports
- Lead effort to resolve key design conflicts in construction and commissioning phase with appropriate SMEs
- Bachelor’s or higher degree is required, preferably in Engineering
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Business, or related field is preferred
Experience and Skills:
- At least 8 years of related experience in engineering, operations and/or asset management activities
- Experience delivering large complex capital projects / programs on schedule and budget working with project teams
- Strong technical background in Plant and Clean utility systems
- Advance therapies (i.e., cell and gene therapy) experience
- Ability to develop appropriate metrics for engineering performance and set up plans to provide continuous improvement
- Demonstrated history of collaboration across other functional areas to establish effective working relationships
- Strong business acumen and relationship building skills
- Proven experience to effectively partner and deliver results in a matrixed environment
- Engineering management experience
- Experience working in a lead role at an AE Design Firm or directly leading an AE Firm on a large project
- Experience with Biosafety Level 2 and 2+ design
- Proficiency in project/design management, including acquiring agreement on project definition and priorities, and ensuring that resources, capabilities and processes are in place to deliver the design efficiently and effectively
- Experience leading complex workstreams, specifically across geographically dispersed or global teams
- This position will require the candidate to be located on the east coast of the US within commutable distance of manufacturing site
- This position will require up to 50% travel on a routine basis
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $113,000 to $170,000.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees and/or eligible dependents may be eligible to participate in the following Company sponsored employee benefit programs: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, business accident insurance, and group legal insurance.
· Employees may be eligible to participate in the Company’s consolidated retirement plan (pension) and savings plan (401(k)).
· This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s long-term incentive program.
· Employees are eligible for the following time off benefits:
· Vacation – up to 120 hours per calendar year
· Sick time - up to 40 hours per calendar year; for employees who reside in the State of Washington – up to 56 hours per calendar year
· Holiday pay, including Floating Holidays – up to 13 days per calendar year
· Work, Personal and Family Time - up to 40 hours per calendar year
For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .]