Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Head of Global Mental Well-being Strategy ideally located in New Brunswick, NJ with consideration for other US J&J sites.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $93.8 Billion in 2021 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 135,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Head of Global Mental Well-Being Strategy is responsible for the continued development, evolution and implementation of the employee mental wellbeing services and programs to employees around the globe. S/he will develop relationships and partner with cross functional teams and vendors and is a subject matter expert in mental health. This role will be at the helm of mental well-being strategy priorities internally, elevating levels of awareness and capabilities, while also establishing a network of external stakeholders and engaging on this key topic and furthering the innovative thinking and opportunities to best serve our employee population in this space. S/he will lead engage senior leaders across the organization in integrating mental wellbeing into our culture.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to have a positive impact on the health of employees by building a culture that supports wellbeing, providing access to benefits and tools that address employee health needs and helping to bring to life J&J's 5 year 2025 healthy mind goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accountable for the success in the delivery of the mental health & well-being strategy, programs, and services globally
- Leads and oversees the execution and activation strategy of GHS mental health & well-being resources, support, and services that positively impact employee health and performance in the area of mental wellbeing in all regions; partners closely with/supports the Regional Leads in successful implementation efforts.
- Leads cross functional teams to deploy mental health and wellbeing program deliverables
- Leads and directly manages the global employee mental wellbeing team responsible for developing and managing of global strategies
- Accountable for new initiatives and internal and external partnerships in the mental well-being space.
- Serves as the global subject matter expert in mental health & well-being. Provides guidance to other groups in area(s) of expertise and promotes a culture of local empowerment and accountability (Leaders/Manager/employees).
- Responsible for the global oversight Mental Well-being strategy including programs, services, and resources to achieve GHS total health and well-being strategic objectives.
- Cultivates & sustains strong collaborative relationships with Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Global Benefits, ER/LR, One HR, Communications and other strategic partners to ensure strong execution of new products, services, and resources.
- Oversees supplier management of vendors that provide services to employees including the delivery and quality of data from vendors to support reporting & evaluation strategy, optimize vendor offerings to ensure day-to-day program management and highest quality service.
- Collaborates with communications leaders to build marketing and communications efforts and strategy aligned to global MWB strategy, bearing in mind regional nuances and meeting business partner and organizational needs.
- Identifies and develops partnering opportunities for mental well-being programs and resources for business partners to drive awareness and engagement
- Leads the partnership with J&J’s Alliance for Diverse Abilities ERG community, providing support on initiatives (ie., World Mental Health Day, Mental Health Speaker Series).
- Represents J&J as a leader in this are area externally in business groups, industry groups and public forums
- Masters’ degree in related field of study is required (examples - clinical, organizational, industrial, and/or cognitive psychology; behavioral health; psychotherapy, Medical degree etc.), Advanced degree preferred.
- Behavioral health, coaching or organizational psychology experience preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience is required and 5 years of experience managing and deploying employee focused programs and services required
- Prior people leadership and proven track record of leading teams and delivering through collaboration with others is required
- Demonstrated record of executing a mental health and/or well-being program strategy required
- Expertise and industry-level knowledge in mental well-being, mental health and behavioral health services required
- Experience with global benefits delivery, either directly or through partnerships, is preferred
- Experience in data-driven evaluation and demonstrating program impact via visual representation (ie., PPT, Excel) is preferred
- Strong writing and program development skills; experience developing original content based on message strategy is preferred
- Demonstrated strong communication and presentation skills required
- Strong collaboration skills with an understanding and appreciation for regional differences
- Experience and comfortability working within geographically distributed and functionally diverse work groups
- Knowledgeable about emerging technology and new forms of care, including digital health and telehealth solutions
- Up to 20% travel required; Global programming support during non-traditional hours up to 20%
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The base pay range for this position is $137,000 -$235,750
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits