At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome some of the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We constantly challenge outdated healthcare ecosystems, infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there is no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to join a team that reimagines healthcare?
At Janssen, we take pride in being the #1 Pharmaceutical company in Canada. We are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases and women’s health. Motivated by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. We offer a work culture that is open, creative, and performance driven with an environment that is fun and sophisticated
Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
Janssen is looking for a hardworking and driven student leader to join our team as a Medical Affairs Intern, located in our Toronto office. The internship will run for an 8 or 12 -week period beginning May 8, 2023, and will give you the opportunity to support and contribute to Medical Affairs projects.
Key Responsibilities could include:
- Acquire scientific knowledge in various disease therapeutic areas
- Provide project management assistance for various Medical Affairs activities and functions such as Medical Science, Medical Education, Medical Information, Evidence Generation and Medical Excellence
- Strategically monitor literature and competitive landscape to uncover opportunities and ensure timely internal communications
- Assist with the development of scientifically balanced presentations and materials
- Become familiar with medical writing and publication activities
- Through a fresh lens, assess how emerging data may contribute to the therapeutic area strategy
- Assist with the planning and execution of defined local evidence generation activities
- Coordinate Medical Science pre- and post-congress activities by tracking key data presentations
- Become familiar with Canadian clinical study activities and medical education activities
- Collaborate with Medical Affairs team members on specific projects
- Become familiar with critical departmental processes
- Be an active member of the therapeutic area Medical Affairs and cross-functional teams through interactive engagements
- Shadow Medical Affairs field personnel on field visits with external stakeholders (as available)
- Current enrollment in the McMaster-Janssen Diverse Future Leaders Program is required
- University degree in Life Sciences or related discipline is required
Experience and Skills:
- Available for an 8 or 12-week intense internship starting May 8, 2023
(please indicate your preference in your application)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong research and critical-thinking skills
- Strong learning agility
- Proven project management and organization skills
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.