Shift Pattern: 4-cycle shift
We at Vision Care based in limerick, are currently recruiting Line Lead Process Technician to Support Our Growing, 24/7, Fully Automated Manufacturing Facility. The successful candidate will have an understanding of the overall process within the factory as a Process Technician with additional skills in leadership/management and a background in a Technical, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Moulding, Automation or Related Discipline. (e.g., Electricians, Motor Mechanics, Fitters, Plumbers, Engineers Etc.)
Our Line Lead Process Technicians are critical to running our high volume, automated manufacturing process. Ideal candidate would have interest, energy and motivation to work in our fast paced, medical device manufacturing environment with a challenging role that comes with opportunity to be leading 4-6 Process technicians.
The responsibilities & the impact YOU will have in this technical role:
- Leading a team 4-6 Process technicians.
- Production output of a Class III Medical Device
- Equipment Maintenance (controls, sensors, pneumatics & electrics)
- Using your technical and mechanical skills, developed through interests and/or previous roles, in new and innovative ways
- Demonstrates mastery and is considered an expert/leader for electrical, key machine safety and/or software proficiencies across the entire manufacturing production line
- Project work (relating to process improvement including cycle-time and yield development)
- Contribution to targets related to Safety, Quality, Compliance and Continuous Improvement
About the Company:
Vision Care Ireland is located in Castletroy, Limerick and is the producer of the world’s leading contact lens products. Our site uses the industry’s most advanced technology and directly employs over 1000 people. We produce a diverse array of contact lenses using our highly automated production process. Key to our success has been the combination of state-of-the-art material science with technologies such as precision injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and data analytics.
We have over 38 advanced production lines manufacturing over 8 million contact lenses a day, which are shipped to customers worldwide.
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in Ireland are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Using state of the art IT and software resources, to analyse data and feedback from the line
- Identifying cycle time and yield detractors
- Using your own initiative to make the necessary adjustments and modifications to the line improving output
- Working with your team and the engineering teams, to root cause and problem solve issues
- Supporting planned and unplanned downtime on the line, to ensure a speedy return to production
- Replacing and setting up spare parts including, robots, servo drives, vision systems and pneumatics