The Johnson & Johnson MedTech Supply Chain Procurement organization supports J&J’s Orthopaedics, Surgery, Interventional Solutions and Vision business units globally and strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience by partnering to shape supplier solutions that transform healthcare across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Within the Johnson & Johnson MedTech Supply Chain Procurement organization, the Global MedTech Warehousing Procurement Team is responsible for leveraging our 0.3 BN$ global logistics spend and capabilities. We do this by building and implementing logistics solutions that develop a world class network of best value suppliers meeting J&J business needs of supply quality and reliability, responsiveness, cost competitiveness and access to technology and innovation to fuel superior growth.
Reporting to the Director/Global Category Leader MedTech Warehousing Procurement, the Manager – APAC MedTech Warehousing Procurement will be responsible for leading or supporting selected regional and/or global projects across the MedTech organization as well as representing the Logistics Procurement organization in wider Enterprise or Supply Chain Procurement initiatives.
The Manager’s areas of responsibilities include:
• Ensure procurement needs of Logistics Category and MedTech Deliver are met in a timely and cost-effective manner across all Franchises and business units as required with particular focus on China, Hong Kong, Korea, and Taiwan. Support MedTech Deliver manage business continuity with Logistics Providers, resolve issues and concerns and communicate risks and progress updates to all stakeholders as required (including but not limited to pricing escalations).
• Lead or support regional and/or global MedTech warehousing sourcing events in terms of aligning scope, deliverables, and RACI with the regional or global MedTech Deliver team. Sourcing event planning, execution, milestone reporting and stakeholder management in line with Logistics Procurement policies and standards (including partnering with J&J Supplier Contracting Services and Legal for contract execution).
• Lead or support major regional and/or global MedTech Warehousing procurement projects (for example – Warehousing Cost Benchmarking), aligning scope, deliverables, and RACI with the regional or global MedTech Deliver team. Project planning, execution, milestone reporting and stakeholder management in line with Logistics Procurement policies and standards.
• Lead or support MedTech Warehousing Procurement Strategy and/or MedTech Deliver portfolio initiatives based on OGSM priorities. Including but not limited to: Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) / Supplier Enabled Innovation (SEI) / Continuous Improvement initiatives; Logistics network, mode, or go-to-market changes; Logistics cost to serve initiatives; New Product or Service launches.
• Coordination of Acquisition/Divestiture activity as it impacts MedTech Warehousing Procurement, including but not limited to the development and execution of the sourcing strategy and plan for the integration/divestment of (new) business units and/or franchises (logistics service providers contracts / etc.) to ensure business continuity as well as value capture/creation based on agreed category strategies and standards.
• Contribute to delivery of core MedTech Warehousing Procurement Targets and Road Map including:
- Delivery of annual CIP Cost Reduction/Action and Cost Avoidance Targets in line with Business Plan Commitments.
- Shape the pipeline by contributing / inputting sourcing event ideas and innovation initiatives for BP and LRFP cycles.
- Delivery of Supply Chain procurement targets with regards to Supplier Diversity and Sustainability.
- Maintain all associated MedTech Warehousing Portfolio Project Status reports, Resource Tracker and CIP / Planisware reporting.
- Ensure Contractual Compliance with Global Warehousing Standards and J&J Policies, e.g., zero expired contracts.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- In order of importance, briefly describe, in sentence form, the essential functions/major responsibilities of this position (principal duties and responsibilities of the position) as it exists today. Describe the job, not the person in the job. Each item listed below should be an essential function/major responsibility of the position, not a day-to-day activity.
- Typically, job descriptions should contain no more than seven or eight major responsibilities ranked in order of highest percentage of time to least.
Approximate Percentage of Time Tasks/Duties/Responsibilities
50% Execution of MedTech Warehousing Procurement Sourcing Events and Projects
20% MedTech Warehousing Annual Budget and Price Reviews with Logistics Service Providers
10% Support ad-hoc Procurement Projects, e.g., acquisition and divestment, benchmarking, etc.
10% Support MedTech Warehousing Procurement Category Strategy development, capability building and SRM
10% Delivery of core MedTech Warehousing Procurement Targets and Road Map
- Describe important tasks or duties, not mentioned above, that are performed infrequently and are not critical to accomplishing the essential functions of the job
- Represent the MedTech Warehousing Procurement Team within the wider Supply Chain Procurement organization, J&J Enterprise Procurement organization and Global MedTech Deliver organization if/as required.
Consider and identify qualifications potential applicants must possess in order to be considered for the position. Basic Qualifications must be clearly stated, objective and relevant to this particular position.
Required Minimum Education: BA/BSc Degree in Procurement/Logistics/Supply Chain/Life Sciences (or similar)
Required Years of Related Experience: 5-7 years
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
(Include any required computer skills, certifications, licenses, languages, etc.)
• Prior work experience in a Logistics, Procurement or Sourcing environment with thorough understanding of logistics operations – both warehousing and transportation services.
• Knowledge of healthcare and/or logistics industry / logistics service providers.
• Strong Leadership, Influencing, Collaboration and Communication/Presentation skills are required.
• Able to prioritize requests and propose cost effective/customer focused alternatives when necessary.
• Pro-active with the ability to show creativity/innovation in developing new approaches and resolving issues.
• Ability to influence stakeholders and facilitate coordination of large matrixed and/or virtual teams.
• Well organized, highly numerate with strong attention to detail and project management skills.
• Strong analytical and data management skills. Highly proficient in Excel/Knowledge or Sourcing Tools (e.g., Coupa).
• Self-motivated with capability of working independently and taking ownership of deliverables.
• Fluent in Mandarin and English (written & spoken) with excellent communication & negotiation skills (written & verbal).
• Change management and process/continuous improvement expertise.
Travel on the Job:
Indicate whether this position requires travel.
Role will be based in one location, but travel expected as required
- Percentage Traveled: 10% (subject to J&J travel policy)
- Type of Travel Required: 1 Domestic & 1 International
People Management Experience:
Indicate whether supervisor/people management experience is required.
- Required Years of People Management Experience: ~2 years
Consider and identify qualifications that are not required to perform the job but would be very helpful to performing the job.
Preferred Minimum Education: BA/BSc (minimum) / MA/MSc (desirable)
Preferred Area of Study: Degree in Procurement/Logistics/Supply Chain
Preferred Related Industry Experience (if applicable): Experienced professional with business experience in multiple roles - Healthcare or FMCG, Procurement/Logistics/Supply Chain
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
(Include any preferred computer skills, certifications, licenses, languages, etc.)
• Fluency in Mandarin and English is essential. Additional local regional language skills preferred (e.g., Japanese).
• Ability to think strategically, develop and deploy strategies to drive End-to-End value for J&J.
Key Working Relationships
Identify the most important working relationships with people inside and outside the company including customers, vendors, associations, etc. Briefly describe the nature of the contacts.